- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, May 20, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Adjunct Surgical Technology Faculty must possess a credential in the field of surgical technology through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies. (NCCA.)
Knowledge and Skills
Adjunct Surgical Technology Faculty must have a minimum total of three years’ experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology or a combination of both within the past five years.
Must be able to use and demonstrate all equipment.
Certified Surgical Technologist credentialed by the NBSTSA.
Valid NC Driver’s License
Statement of Primary Purpose
Adjunct Surgical Technology Faculty are responsible for the planning, organization, administration and review of the effectiveness of the classroom, lab or clinical experiences. The Adjunct Surgical Technology Faculty may provide classroom instruction, lab practice, or clinical facilitation such as maintaining clinic related documentation and verifying students’ clinical performance. The Adjunct Surgical Technology Faculty will provide support to the Surgical Technology Program Coordinator in areas identified within the classroom, lab or clinical settings. The Adjunct Surgical Technology Faculty will foster positive, professional relations with students, faculty and clinical affiliates.
Curriculum faculty, Adjunct, exempt.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Maintain credentials as required by accrediting agencies and regulatory bodies.
• Demonstrates and maintains current subject area knowledge.
• Communicate and work with clinical preceptors and clinical staff in a cooperative, professional manner.
• Assist with classroom instruction, lab practice or clinical rotations.
• Assist students with the clinic onboarding process.
• Assist with maintaining clinic related documentation according to accreditation / certification requirements.
• Assist with evaluating the effectiveness and progression of the clinical experience.
• Perform site visits at clinical locations if clinical is an identified area in need of support.
• Work with students in the laboratory to assist them in developing skill proficiencies
• Adhere to academic policies and procedures.
• Assist with teaching assigned courses in accordance with course outlines and published course schedule.
• Maintain accurate records for each course taught
• Appropriately challenge, engage, support and communicate with students to encourage their participation and learning in a professional, respectful environment.
• Assist the program coordinator with curriculum planning and development of courses.
• Ensure course and program learning outcomes are delivered as defined by the syllabus
• Assists with student recruitment, advising and retention.
• Assist with submission of college reports in an accurate, timely fashion
• Assists department with faculty recruitment
• Assists in selection and ordering of equipment, supplies and learning resources.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist the Surgical Technology Program Coordinator in areas identified in the classroom, lab or clinical rotations.
Working Conditions and Environment
Adjunct Surgical Technology Faculty will be utilized in areas of their professional strengths and experience. Schedule flexibility is available.
Able to operate and demonstrate all equipment required to perform the duties of a surgical technologist.
This position description covers the most essential functions and duties associated with this position. Other duties may be assigned by the President or appropriate supervisory personnel. The College reserves the right to alter duties, responsibilities, conditions, working hours, and job title as necessary.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact