- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Sunday, March 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Possess a credential in the field of Surgical Technology through a national certification program that is accredited by the National Commission on Certifying Agencies (NCCA), preferably the CST (Certified Surgical Technologist)
- Possess a minimum of a AAS degree in Surgical Technology
- Have a minimum total of three years of experience, either in the operating room scrub role or as an instructor in surgical technology, or a combination of both, within the past five years.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of education and administration as well as current CAAHEP and ARC/STSA accreditation procedures
- Possess a strong commitment to the mission and core values of SCC
- Have excellent organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Organize, administer, review, develop, and assure clinical rotation effectiveness
- Conduct on-going clinical assessment to meet student needs and requirements
- Maintain current knowledge of the professional discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development
- Assume the leadership role in the continued development of the clinical experience
BS degree in a health related field preferred
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a full-time Surgical Technology Clinical Coordinator. The Surgical Technology Clinical Coordinator will plan and implement the clinical portion of the program and courses; assess the adequacy clinical sites; assist in the selection and development of preceptors and trainers at the clinical site; and maintain positive working relationships with all clinical personnel and students. Instructional duties will include teaching topics in the discipline, using a variety of delivery modes: traditional classroom, online, hybrid, weekend, mini-mester, and evening. Additional faculty duties include assisting with student recruitment, advising students and performing support duties as assigned by the department chair. [Class sessions may take place on the Sandhills Community College campus and on Moore and Hoke County high school campuses.] Ability to integrate with other disciplines and support technology programs is a plus. Interviews for the position will include a teaching demonstration and an oral/written assessment conducted in a computer environment.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.