Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, August 5, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years' experience in office environment preferred
- Switchboard operator, administrative, clerical experience preferred, with working knowledge of contemporary office technologies.
The Switchboard operates telephone systems equipment to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls for the College; provides current and correct information to callers and visitors; expedites phone calls by giving clear, concise and specific information; provides excellent customer service to both external and internal constituents of the College. Performs data input and provides office support to the department.
Example of Duties
- Performs data input of student information and provides office support.
- Assist in all customer service oriented functions of Student Success and Public Safety.
- Answers high volume of inbound calls and maintains a swift response rate in accordance with agreed standards.
- Operates various standard office machines, including a personal computer, various software, fax, attendant console, photocopy machine, etc.
- Responds effectively verbally and in writing with students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance, personal appearance, and punctuality.
- Establishes and maintains efficient working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and students.
- Scans data and performs routine assigned clerical duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Public Safety and/or other designated College Administrators.
How to Apply
Candidates selected for an on-campus interview may be asked to take a skills test to assess their writing and skills in the use of office technology.
Hours and shifts will vary from the hours of 7:30a.m.-10 p.m. Monday thru Friday and Saturday from 7:30-1p.m.