Alamance Community College (Main Campus)
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, November 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- High School Diploma/GED
- Two (2) years' experience in office environment preferred
- Switchboard operator, administrative, clerical experience preferred, with working knowledge of contemporary office technologies.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The Switchboard operates telephone systems equipment to relay incoming, outgoing, and interoffice calls for the College; provides current and correct information to callers and visitors; expedites phone calls by giving clear, concise and specific information; provides excellent customer service to both external and internal constituents of the College. Performs data input and provides office support to the department.
Example of Duties
- Performs data input of student information and provides office support.
- Assist in all customer service oriented functions of Student Success and Public Safety.
- Answers high volume of inbound calls and maintains a swift response rate in accordance with agreed standards.
- Operates various standard office machines, including a personal computer, various software, fax, attendant console, photocopy machine, etc.
- Responds effectively verbally and in writing with students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance, personal appearance, and punctuality.
- Establishes and maintains efficient working relationships with supervisors, co-workers, and students.
- Scans data and performs routine assigned clerical duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Public Safety and/or other designated College Administrators.
How to Apply
Candidates selected for an on-campus interview may be asked to take a skills test to assess their writing and skills in the use of office technology.
Hours and shifts will vary from the hours of 7:30a.m.-10 p.m. Monday thru Friday and Saturday from 7:30-1p.m.