Central Campus - Drumm Building
Closes: Friday, October 29, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree and five years of a combination of work experience in financial analysis, accounting or reporting.
Systems Accountant Senior positions are available in the Construction & Fixed Assets Department located on Central Campus, Drumm Building.
Support operations of the college and serves as liaison between the College and North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) while performing moderately complex accounting tasks, maintaining Interscope, preparing, analyzing, reviewing financial records and internal and external reports.
Anticipated hiring date: October 13, 2021
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm
Hours per week: 40 hours per week
The Systems Accountant Sr. – Construction Accounting & Fixed Assets supports the financial operations of the college Construction Accounting and Fixed Assets functions; serves as the liaison for all fixed asset and construction accounting functions between the College and the NC Community College System Office and the Mecklenburg County Accounting office while performing complex accounting tasks maintaining Construction Accounting and Fixed Assets financial records, maintaining Interscope+, preparing, analyzing, reviewing financial records and internal and external reports.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Coordinates activities for construction accounting; ensures financial records for construction projects are accurate, processed timely, and in compliance with generally accepted accounting standards.
2. Routes invoices/pay apps for approvals and submits reimbursement request to county and state. Reconciles amounts received and researches errors/exceptions. Tracks lifecycle of projects to include submitting necessary NCCCS documents (i.e. 3-1’s, 2-16’s) as well as annual reporting of 3-5 and 3-10.
3. Maintains and reconciles the Project Accounting Module to general ledger and prepares reports. Researches and resolves problems for construction projects and advises the Executive Director of Administrative Services on financial status of projects. Ensures fixed assets reported correctly and meet audit requirements and reconcile to general ledger.
4. Interscope entry of all formal and informal projects involving at least 5 work streams for construction projects. Acts as the Interscope+ liaison between the Construction Accounting, Facilities Management, and Construction Management departments, collaborating closely with the construction management team inputting of data into the State Construction Interscope+ software.
5. Creates construction projects, assigns funding sources and project type. Enters designer, contractors, subcontractors to Interscope+ system. To include financial worksheets and expenditures.
6. Enters construction and renovation project information pertaining to Bid Item Summary, awarded contracts for design and construction, change orders, HUB Good Faith efforts, and HUB participation.
7. Uploads construction and design contracts, change orders, and other documentation as required by State Construction Office.
8. Records/Reports/Monitors Interscope+ HUB reporting to ensure projects are processed and reported in accordance with the State Construction guidelines.
9. Leads year-end process in the fixed assets system for preparation of financial statements and other required reporting. Reconciles Fixed Assets to GL, completes and submits year-end reporting to North Carolina Community College System Office.
10. Compiles, analyzes and summarizes information for annual audit, prepares construction audit schedules. Monitors wire transfers and receipts of County funds.
11. Performs testing of patches and software updates. Consults and collaborates with Information Technology on system issues.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Ability to perform complex computerized analyses independently and provides results that are critical in determining budgetary position of large construction projects
* Knowledge of standard business practices pertaining to the areas of Budget, Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payroll
* Excellent oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on the ability to communicate financial information with personnel at all levels
* Excellent customer service skills
* Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize multiple assignments, adapting to changing priorities and situations, and follow-through on the completion of assignments
How to Apply
Job Post Contact