Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Tuesday, April 4, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree in a technology-related field from a regionally accredited institution with at least 5 years of IT experience supporting a multi-platform environment. Must have experience with Microsoft Office, application development experience, VMWare as well as demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
Serves as backup to the Administrative Computer Systems Administrator and provides direct support and oversight for various technologies in a mixed network operating systems environment. Responsible for implementing and troubleshooting the campus document management and workflow environment.
- Serve as back-up to and provide project support to the Administrative Computer Systems (Colleague) Administrator.
- Support and maintain the institutional computing environments including implementing new or updated technologies.
- Create or maintain the IT processes to ensure system availability and regular systems updates as required by the vendors.
- Support existing processes and documentation to improve quality of service to customers.
- Work with the Systems Administrator to implement measures for security for all servers.
- Serve as the primary administrator and user support the college’s document imaging system.
- Support the management of network system access for NCC students and employees.
- Assist in the procurement of hardware and software.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems in both server and PC environments
- Along with the Systems Administrator, apply operating system and database updates as provided by the NCCCS and other vendors.
- Train users on document imaging, and assist users when problems arise.
- Train users on workflow procedures and assist users when problems arise.
- Proactively maintain and improve skills necessary for expected job performance.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
- Participate in professional development activities provided by NCC.
- Participate in College events and activities.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance during normal hours of college operations in fulfillment of duties not inconsistent with the expectations for full-time employees and College policies and procedures.
- Initiate and answer telephone calls and video conference calls. Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
- Serve on various committees as assigned.
- Participate in and support ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation to improve student learning
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other machinery.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 40 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.
- Ascend/descend a ladder.
- Ability to provide maintenance to technology items on the floor, wall, ceiling, or tight spaces.