1161 Kehukee Park Road, Williamston, NC 27892
Closes: Tuesday, January 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in Information Technology or highly related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Two years of experience in information-technology operations
- Knowledge of Windows-based and Linux-based server operating systems including the ability to troubleshoot
- Knowledge of Active Directory, Azure, Azure Active Directory, and supporting functions
- Possession of and ability to maintain a valid Driver's License
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or highly related field from a regionally accredited institution
- Ellucian Colleague experience or other ERP system
- Five years of experience in information-technology operations
POSITION RE-OPENED UNTIL FILLED
The Systems and Communications Administrator manages and maintains the college’s information-technology servers and services, including general systems administration, backups, upgrades, user administration, troubleshooting, documentation, security, and end-user training in relation to some servers/services. This position receives direct supervision from the Chief Information Officer. The Systems and Communications Administrator exercises no supervision.
- Maintains most college Windows-based and Linux-based servers, whether on-premises or hosted
- Maintains the college’s virtualization platform
- Maintains most of the college’s back-end cloud services and integrates them with existing infrastructure, including but not limited to Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Amazon Web Services (AWS), reporting platform, document-imaging solution, etc.
- Maintains server-data and user-data backups, such as routinely verifying data integrity
- Continually maintains and improves security of all maintained systems and services, such as adding and disabling user accounts, accurately maintaining user permissions, tightening controls of systems/services and user identities, deploying antivirus and end-point detection and response (EDR) systems, investigating potential security incidents, reviewing reports of security alerts, and immediately and appropriately responding to those incidents and alerts
- Administers the VoIP phone infrastructure, including servers/services, gateways, connection to the VoIP provider, cloud fax platform, etc.
- Adheres to information-technology security requirements as provided by the North Carolina Department of Information Technology, state law, federal law, and other governing bodies
- Updates systems during business hours and outside normal business hours, as required
- Inspects the college’s ticket system on an hourly basis, ensures all assigned tickets are updated at least once per week, and provides timely resolution to incidents
- Ensures assigned tickets have appropriate approvals before commissioning related investigation and work
- Responds to audits and other regulatory requirements
- Creates and maintains documentation according to editorial, syntax, and style requirements set forth by the Chief Information Officer
- Provides service to college employees in-person, through email, and via virtual-meeting technologies
- Provides IT training to users in-person, through email, and via virtual-meeting technologies
- Aids students in-person, via phone, through email, etc.
- Serves as backup to the Client and Network Technician for any issues related to end-user computers, printers, projectors, phones, and the network
- Answers IT questions/concerns from employees, students, and guests in-person, through email, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
How to Apply
Two ways to submit an application:
- Electronically complete the application package and submit by email to the MCC Human Resources department.
- Print the application package and deliver or mail to:
Office of Human Resources
Martin Community College
1161 Kehukee Park Road
Williamston, NC 27892
- Completed application packets must consist of a Martin Community College Application, Resume, Cover Letter, and Unofficial Transcripts (if post-secondary degree is required)
Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application. Transcripts or other official documentation supporting satisfaction of minimum educational requirement(s) are required. Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for application purposes and may be submitted under separate cover if application is submitted electronically. The successful candidate must provide official transcripts at his or her own expense within thirty (30) calendar days of being notified of selection.