Randolph Community College
Closes: Monday, August 2, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in a computer related field.
- One year Microsoft Server administration experience.
- One year system administration experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
- One year administration of document imaging system.
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Professional
- Demonstrated reasoning ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field
- Administration experience with Softdocs etrieve Document Imaging.
- Experience UNIX/Solaris and Linux RedHat.
- Experience with hardware maintenance and repair.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP system administration Experience with Ellucian products, including, but not limited to: Student Self Service, E-Commerce, Colleague Mobile, UniData, and Colleague Studio.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Systems Specialist reports directly to the Director of Information Technology Services. The Systems Specialist works with staff to facilitate implementation of additional Colleague modules and provide support services. The Systems Specialist administers the room scheduling system and upgrading Colleague-related services.
- Administer the Colleague online system by performing any hardware and software upgrades, addressing configuration issues, and troubleshooting any hardware and/or software issues.
- Maintain and administer the colleague-related servers by performing any hardware and/or software upgrades, troubleshooting hardware and/or software issues, performing data backups and recovery.
- Serve as a primary support/contact for the colleague student – continuing education (CE) module and financial aid (FA), which includes assisting with implementing colleague-related modules, providing assistance with advance troubleshooting issues, maintaining web services linked to these modules, and Informer support for these modules.
- Serve as the technical resource for additional Colleague-related applications, such as Residency Determination Status (RDS), docusign, etranscripts, and mobile and TutorTrac by performing any software and hardware updates and maintaining proper setup parameters.
- Serve as the primary backup for FALink, the bookstore integration software module with Colleague Financial Aid module, college’s ERP system and the college’s document imaging system.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Information Technology Services to enhance Colleague’s application modules by implementing and expanding additional features, such as Communications Management, Web Services, and Degree Audit.
- Work closely with the Colleague Data Owners to create and/or modify security classes and user authorization forms
- Serve as the technical resource for the college’s room scheduling system by performing any software updates, creating and updating user accounts, extracting data, and maintaining proper setup parameters.
- Assist with researching and implementing emerging technology.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff with the procurement of computer hardware and software
- Assist with semi-annual updates for the Computer Services’ Operating Manual and the on-going updating of all server operating manuals.
- Create and conduct end user training as needed.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205