Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue, Asheboro, NC 27205
Closes: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in a computer related field
- One year Microsoft Server administration experience.
- Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office Professional
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field
- One year system administration experience with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
- Experience with Hyland Document Imaging.
- Experience UNIX/Solaris.
- Experience with hardware maintenance and repair..
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague ERP system administration Experience with Ellucian products, WebAdvisor, Student Self Service, E-Commerce, Colleague Mobile, UniData, and Colleague Studio.
The Systems Technician reports directly to the Director of Information Technology Services. The Systems Technician works with staff to facilitate implementation of additional Colleague modules and provide support services. The Systems Technician administers the room scheduling system and upgrading Colleague-related services.
- Maintain and administer the colleague-related servers by performing any hardware and/or software upgrades, troubleshooting hardware and/or software issues, performing data backups and recovery.
- Serve as a primary support/contact for the colleague student – continuing education (CE) module, which includes assisting with implementing colleague-related modules, providing assistance with advance troubleshooting issues, maintaining web services linked to these modules, and Informer support for these modules.
- Serve as the backup administer for the colleague online system by performing any hardware and software upgrades, addressing configuration issues, and troubleshooting any hardware and/or software issues.
- Work in conjunction with the Director of Information Technology Services to enhance Colleague’s application modules by implementing and expanding additional features, such as Communications Management, Web Services, and Degree Audit.
- Serve as the primary backup for FALink, the bookstore integration software module with Colleague Financial Aid module, college’s ERP system, and TutorTrac.
- Serve as the eProcurement technical systems administrator by maintaining the eProcurement server and the entity client, which allows the College to process purchase orders.
- Work closely with the Colleague Data Owners to create and/or modify security classes and user authorization forms
- Serve as the technical resource for the college’s room scheduling system by performing any software updates, creating and updating user accounts, extracting data, and maintaining proper setup parameters.
- Serve as the backup administrator for the Colleague online system by performing any hardware and software upgrades, addressing configuration issues, and troubleshooting any hardware and/or software problems.
- Serve as the backup technical resource for additional Colleague-related applications, such as Residency Determination Status (RDS), docusign, etranscripts, and mobile.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff with the procurement of computer hardware and software
- Create and conduct end user training as needed.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205