Closes: Thursday, June 30, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in Theatre or related field; 2 to 4 years of experience in theatre technical operations
Manages and directs the operation of the technical stage facilities and equipment in the CPCC performance spaces. This includes but is not limited to computer lighting systems, sound and amplification systems and stage rigging system. Manages and coordinates, in advance, the setup and equipment needs of show presenters, which includes professional guest companies, college departments, and amateur community groups. Hires, trains, schedules and supervises professional and student staff to operate stage facilities and equipment for all events.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Directs the planning and execution of lighting, sound, and stage setup for all events in the facility based on advance contacts and information from presenters.
2. Hires, trains and supervises part-time and student technicians and Assistant Technical Directors to adequately service each event.
3. Facilitates the audio and lighting design, implements and supports the design and operation for both internal CPCC departments and external presenters.
4. Communicates with internal and external clients interested in using the facility spaces to determine technical needs. Provides recommendations for facility and equipment to event presenters.
5. Tracks staffing and service provided for each event to facilitate billing and budgeting records.
6. Provides regular maintenance and/or recommends contract servicing of all staging equipment and technical spaces.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Knowledge and experience with current technology on all theatrical systems which include lighting, sound, rigging, and related electronics
* Knowledge of safety policies, procedures and guidelines
* Ability to operate computer and proficiency with Microsoft Office products
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, associated with performing arts
* Skilled in critical thinking and excellent interpersonal skills
* Skilled in leading and coordinating work by others, including contractors
* Valid driver’s license in North Carolina or South Carolina
How to Apply
Job Post Contact