Closes: Saturday, March 20, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in computer-related field.
- One year (current) Microsoft Server, Windows and Microsoft Office 365 experience.
- One year IP telephony, camera surveillance, and/or wireless networking experience
- One year hardware maintenance and repair
- One year experience with anti-virus protection and management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field.
- One year network and data security experience
- One year AWS or comparable cloud computing service experience.
- One year audio visual equipment experience, including sound experience
- One year Apple Macintosh computer experience
- A+ Certification and Net+ certification
Working under the direct supervision of the Network Operations position, the Technical Support – Network position is responsible for the maintenance, repair, and installation of all designated RCC computers and classroom instructional technology and virus management for the college. This position will also assist with cybersecurity, the voice over IP system, and the enterprise network.
- Assist with day to day network operations and incident response. This includes, but not limited to: cybersecurity, the maintenance and administration of the college’s networks, VoIP system, camera security system, and design and photography servers by creating and updating user accounts, performing hardware and software upgrades, and troubleshooting hardware and software problems.
- Serve as the primary backup for the college’s wireless networks.
- Configure and install all RCC computers and classroom instructional technology equipment.
- Coordinate, repair, and perform maintenance and upgrades on instructional lab computers.
- Perform minor repairs and preventive maintenance on the instructional technology equipment.
- Provide PC anti-virus protection and virus management for the college.
- Serve as a technical contact for college events.
- Assist with network infrastructure maintenance and upgrades, as needed.
- Conduct preliminary research of new technology.
- Conduct end user training as needed.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205