Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Tuesday, February 19, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Associate’s degree;
2. One year of full-time or equivalent Ellucian Colleague System Administration experience;
3. One year of full-time or equivalent Unix System Administration experience.
1. Experience with Unidata DBA;
2. Experience with SQL DBA;
3. Experience with .NET programming;
4. Experience with API programming;
5. North Carolina Community College System Ellucian Colleague template experience;
6. Ellucian Ethos experience;
7. Application/System experience: Entrinsik Informer, Softdocs Etrieve, SharePoint, QFlow, SSP;
8. Experience in an educational setting;
9. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Provides support for the College’s administrative computer applications with primary responsibility for Ellucian Colleague ERP system.
1. Provides Ellucian Colleague system administration: Unidata database in on-premises implementation.
2. Manages Unix/Solaris environment, including system administration and hardware support for Oracle Sun server.
3. Administers various application systems as assigned.
4. Provides tier 2 support for various application systems.
5. Responsible for application security and operational continuity.
6. Maintains configuration documentation in Change Management system.
7. Contributes to IT Knowledge Base – Knowledge Management system.
8. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
9. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.