Asheville Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina
Closes: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Minimum Requirements (Applicant must meet all of the minimum requirements)
1. Must have a minimum of an Associate’s degree in Information Systems Technology, Office Systems Technology, Accounting, Business Administration, or related field;
2. Must have a minimum of two years of full-time or equivalent data management work experience using multiple software applications;
3. Must have experience using Microsoft Excel and Word.
1. Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
2. Experience working in Human Resources;
3. Related experience working in higher education;
4. Data management work experience utilizing an enterprise-wide information system;
5. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for collecting, processing, maintaining, and managing data related to the Human Resources function. Provides accurate, courteous, and efficient service to the various internal and external customers assisted by this position. Maintains the highest ethical standards, including confidentiality of employee records.
1. Coordinates the personnel action form (PAF) process for full-time employees and assists supervisors with the PAF for part-time employees as needed.
2. Sets up all full-time and part-time personnel in the Colleague system for employees upon hire, termination, and ongoing changes in compensation and employment status; assures that records remain current, and communicates related information to individuals and departments on a regular basis.
3. Creates new position codes within the Colleague system in response to additional staff or changes in current positions.
4. Works closely with payroll to resolve employee data issues in a timely manner.
5. On an as-needed basis, responds to verifications of employment, completes Loan Forgiveness forms, unemployment claims forms, and archived records requests.
6. Assists with the preparation and distribution of employment contracts and amendments for all full-time regular employees throughout the year.
7. Maintains tracking spreadsheets for employee files archived at the College.
8. Participates on, and/or supports as needed, related committees and projects.
9. Positively contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and RISE statement.
10. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.