Asheville-Buncombe Technical Community College
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Monday, June 24, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Certificate or Diploma, HVAC;
2. CFC Certification;
3. Valid and unrestricted Driver License.
1. Associate’s degree;
2. NC Electrician License;
3. One year of full-time or equivalent electrical experience;
4. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Job Description Summary
Performs a variety of technical tasks related to the maintenance and repair of heating, cooling and related mechanical systems, controls and equipment.
1. Repairs College owned air conditioning and heating units.
2. Performs general and preventative maintenance on air conditioning and heating units.
3. Investigates problems and performs repairs on various heating, cooling and ventilation equipment.
4. Reviews blueprints and job specifications to determine best method of installing heating and ventilation systems; installs heating and ventilation systems.
5. Prepares and presents estimates of cost of parts, equipment, and supplies of proposed installation or repairs.
6. Locates and repairs electrical system failures in heating and cooling system.
7. Monitors the performance of the heating and cooling system and ensures that the air compressor is charged.
8. Complies with all applicable standards, policies and procedures, including safety protocols and the maintenance of a clean work area.
9. Schedules and controls college HVAC systems with building automation system.
10. Contributes to the College Vision, Mission, Values, and Welcoming College statement.
11. Supports workforce diversity in all its aspects.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.