Closes: Friday, July 1, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
- 2 years of experience providing customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- 2 years of experience as an office assistant, records technician, or other data entry related field.
- 2 years of experience utilizing an integrated database system to evaluate and meet customers’ needs.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college/university.
- Greater than 2 years of experience providing customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Greater than 2 years of experience as an office assistant, records technician, or other data entry related field.
- Greater than 2 years of experience utilizing an integrated database system to evaluate and meet customers’ needs.
- Experience with an educationally-based relational database (e.g. Colleague, Banner, etc.).
- Experience in a post-secondary student registration office.
- Experience in a post-secondary student finance office.
Guilford Technical Community College (GTCC) is currently the fourth largest of NC Community College System’s 58 institutions. On our six campuses and through our online offerings, we annually serve approximately 27,500 students, 60% of whom are students of color. We strive to offer programs that provide equitable educational outcomes for all students representing all backgrounds, including, but not limited to, ability, age, gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status. At GTCC, we are committed to cultivating a workplace culture of inclusion that welcomes, develops, supports, and empowers employees. We are looking for an exceptional person, who shares our institutional mission, vision, and values, to join the team!
The Workforce & Continuing Education (WCE) Registration Technician performs registration functions (in-person, by phone, and online) for WCE programs. This position reviews and verifies all WCE registrations, and inputs most registrations, identifying incomplete information and assessing possible impacts to the students’ records, both financial and academic. The position enters data from a variety of sources, primarily the WCE registration form. Additional responsibilities include: answering questions and/or guiding students to appropriate departments as needed; processing drops, adds, and transfers for all WCE courses; processing scholarships, fee-waivers, reconciling student refunds, and other financial-related transactions; and maintaining WCE student records (e.g. name changes, duplicate records, address changes), and creating and maintaining WCE course files for audit tracking.
This position requires an individual who can maintain confidentiality and security of records as well as work with minimal supervision, in a fast-paced, high-work volume area . Additionally, the duties require a high attention to detail, and a basic knowledge of a relational database. The Registration Technician must maintain a thorough knowledge of institutional policies and procedures, especially those impacting the WCE Registration process, WCE programs, continuing education regulations, and registration data systems relevant to the assignment.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact