Closes: Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate Degree in accounting, business or related field or significant related experience required.
• A minimum of 3 years related experience in accounting/bookkeeping.
• Proficiency with manual and automated accounting systems, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger.
• Proficient use of 10-key calculator.
• Proficient use of PC for spreadsheets, word processing, email, and internet.
• Ability to process large volumes rapidly and with accuracy.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and exhibit discretion and sound judgment in decision-making.
• Ability to work independently with limited direct supervision.
• Capable of working in team environment both within the department and throughout the college.
• Skilled at applying college policies and procedures, as well as federal, state and local regulations.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to strict deadlines.
• Ability to maintain effectiveness under pressure.
• Excellent math skills, with strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
Bachelor’s in Accounting or related field preferred.
• NC Community College experience preferred.
The jobholder performs moderately complex record keeping duties associated with the processing and completing of accounting transactions for all fund sources (federal, state, county, institutional and grants). This includes the processing, reconciling, reporting and analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual activities. The jobholder also provides internal audit reviews of selected areas and assists with the College’s internal control review process. The jobholder plays a pivotal role during the closing process of each fiscal year under very strict deadlines. Duties within this position are generally identified as processing or reporting (or both), and the jobholder will be cross-trained in both areas.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact