Closes: Tuesday, September 29, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Working knowledge of networks and PC hardware and software.
1. Pursuing or have obtained an Associate’s Degree or higher. **Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
2. One year or more of directly related experience.
3. A+ and/or basic Microsoft certifications.
4. Ability to speak and understand both Spanish and English
The Part-time Technician, Information Technology Services (ITS) Support will provide college-wide computer systems operations and technical support. The Technician will provide support in the areas of installing equipment, installing, moving and repairing microcomputer hardware and software systems. The Technician will also provide technical assistance and training when necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Provide maintenance of PCs: hardware, software, network connectivity, and general information technology equipment in classrooms, conference areas, and offices.
• Respond to computer service requests related to computer systems hardware and software.
• Assist in projects such as converting to new hardware and software, moving equipment, network cabling, and classroom setup changes.
• Assist in implementing instructional technology needs and goals.
• Diagnose hardware, software, and operator problems; perform remedial actions to correct problems.
• Provide limited training in the use of new software or hardware.
• Read technical journals or manuals and attend vendor seminars to learn about new computer hardware and software.
• Assume responsibility for being familiar with and adhering to all policies of the College.
• Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
• Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
How to Apply
Interested candidates please apply online through the Forsyth Tech applicant portal at careers.forsythtech.edu