Closes: Tuesday, July 27, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Working knowledge of networks and PC hardware and software.
1. Pursuing or have obtained an Associate’s Degree or higher. **Note: Degrees and hours must be from a college accredited by a US Department of Education accepted accrediting agency such as SACSCOC.
2. One year or more of directly related experience.
3. A+ and/or basic Microsoft certifications.
4. Ability to speak and understand both Spanish and English.
• Provide maintenance of PCs: hardware, software, network connectivity, and general information technology equipment in classrooms, conference areas, and offices.
• Respond to computer service requests related to computer systems hardware and software.
• Assist in projects such as converting to new hardware and software, moving equipment, network cabling, and classroom setup changes.
• Assist in implementing instructional technology needs and goals.
• Diagnose hardware, software, and operator problems; perform remedial actions to correct problems.
• Provide limited training in the use of new software or hardware.
• Read technical journals or manuals and attend vendor seminars to learn about new computer hardware and software.
• Assume responsibility for being familiar with and adhering to all policies of the College.
• Treat others respectfully, speak to others courteously and behave in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
• Model an understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.