Closes: Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Associates degree in information technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field) from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Network+ or similar certification(must obtain within 6 months of hire date)
• Three years of experience in a technical support related field.
• Three years of work experience in IT field
• Bachelor’s degree in information technology (computer science, computer information systems, programming or other related field) from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution is strongly preferred.
• Cisco CCNA certification strongly preferred
• MCSE, MCP, Network +, INET + preferred
• CompTIA A+ preferred
• Experience with Bomgar and SCCM solutions.
• Experience with Enterprise Service Desk software.
• Experience with AV solutions to include CCTV
The Network Personal Computer Technician performs installation, maintenance and repair of the college’s network infrastructure and supports computers, servers, printers and scanners. S/he also provides Tier 1 support on network and telephony issues and serves as a backup to the Network Administrator. S/he installs, maintains, supports, operates classroom technology, security cameras, hardware and software installs in the instructional environment and employee offices. S/he performs routine troubleshooting and problem resolution, both on-site and over the phone for network related requests at the device level and also at the access and distribution layers. Serves as a resource on telecommunications and network infrastructure projects. The technician helps to establish the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation, testing or modification of computer systems or programs, including prototypes, based on and related to user or system design specifications. Additionally, the technician will assist in the design, documentation, testing, creation or modification of computer programs related to machine operating systems. S/he is a contact with state agencies for network and telephone connectivity issues. S/he works with faculty and staff to help them decide on hardware and software needs. S/he prepares reports, maintenance records and inventory paperwork, and performs other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact