Closes: Tuesday, June 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Proficient in writing, running, and troubleshooting Base SAS code
• Experience in Excel, Word, Access and/or a database querying tool
• Experience recognizing and working with data anomalies.
• Proven experience with communicating verbally and through the writing the results and implications of data analyses.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information systems, Mathematics, or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
• Experience with SQL
• Experience with Ellucian Colleague, or similar ERP system
• Experience with Informer or similar ERP querying tool
The Research Data Technician supports Frontier Set efforts to maintain and enhance a data-driven environment. The person in this position must be capable of writing queries to extract raw data from diverse sources of campus data including the ERP, Colleague. This person must be able to join, manipulate and analyze data to support requests for information needed for the Frontier Set Grant and related student metrics. This includes writing, running, and troubleshooting Base SAS code to enhance and facilitate reporting solutions.
This position will be responsible for developing datasets (primarily using SAS and SQL programming) to support the Frontier Set submission of student data to the National Student Clearinghouse. The person in this position must utilize a variety of applications to produce reliable, accurate, and dependable information. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with others in Institutional Research and other areas of GTCC as well as individuals at the National Student Clearinghouse, Aspen Institute, and American Institutes for Research.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact