Closes: Monday, December 10, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Associate’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution or 6 years of related work experience and Certified Technology Specialist Certification
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution in a computer technology field
The Technology Coordinator position will be located on the Harris Campus.
Coordinates the scheduling, set up and operation of public address systems, AV equipment and sound recording equipment for the college.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Intiates and oversees technology procurement process; works directly with CPCC Procurement to ensure that HCC abides by State and College policies and procedures.
2. Manages vendor delivery, equip installation and ongoing support of all conference center audio visual equipment and systems.
3. Provides technical support for audio-visual and computer equipment for HCC clients and staff.
4. Serves as liaison between HCC and ITS regarding equipment standards, networking and computer equipment support.
5. Researches and evaluates the latest trends in conference center technology and equipment; makes recommendations regarding supplies and vendors regarding audio visual purchases and installations.
6. Sources and schedules external audio visual support as needed.
7. Responsible for the oversight, programming and presets for HCC’s lighting system; provides a local area network, wireless troubleshooting and network access for HCC clients and staff.
8. Performs routine maintenance and repair of audio-visual equipment.
9. Serves as administrator for HCC booking & room diagraming software and social media sites.
10. Maintains an inventory of client company logos for use by HCC staff, in group signage.
11. Designs and schedules graphics and messaging for HCC digital signage. Maintains equipment as necessary.
12. Records and digitally edits audio for meeting sessions per client requests.
13. Provides training for HCC staff on basic audio-visual equipment, skills and techniques.
14. Sets audio visual and computer equipment to client specifications.
15. Responds directly to client inquiries and requests and ensures overall guest satisfaction.
16. Provides consistent communication with Harris Conference Center sales, planning and operational staff.
17. Sets tables and chairs according to client specification.
18. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Technical expertise in sound reinforcement and recordings
Knowledge of electronics and audio visual equipment
Strong customer service and communication skills
How to Apply
Job Post Contact