Closes: Thursday, February 29, 2024
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree in computer-related field.
- One year, current experience in Microsoft Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- One year hardware maintenance and repair
- One year experience with endpoint security management
- Bachelor’s degree in computer-related field.
- One year experience with Microsoft Office software including PowerPoint, Access, and OneNote.
- CompTia A+ Certification (or similar)
- CompTia Net+ certification (or similar)
- One year audio visual equipment experience, including sound experience.
- One year Apple Macintosh computer experience
- One year customer service experience.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Technology Specialist – Help Desk reports directly to the Director of Information Technology Systems position. The Technology Specialist – Help Desk position will provide Tier I support via walk ins, phone, email, and/or remote assisting software. This position will also provide assistance with procuring technology resources for the college.
- Serve as the primary Tier I support to students, faculty, and staff via walk ins, phone, email, and/or remote assisting software.
- Perform configuration and installation of college mobile devices.
- Serve as the technical point of contact for the supply inventory software used by computer services, purchasing, and facilities.
- Assist with the coordination of planning, acquiring, installing, and maintenance of the college’s instructional technology equipment.
- Configure and install all RCC computers and classroom instructional technology equipment.
- Coordinate, repair, and perform maintenance and upgrades on all RCC computers.
- Perform minor repairs and preventive maintenance on instructional technology equipment.
- Serve as a technical contact for college events.
- Assist with the computer equipment, instructional technology equipment, and the software inventories of the college.
- Create and conduct end user training as needed.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff with the procurement of computer hardware and software.
- Conduct preliminary research of new technology.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures.
- Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205