Closes: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution in a technical (engineering or technology) area required OR an associate degree from a regionally accredited institution with at least four years of work experience in the technology services field required.
- Two years of experience in a business environment or college support role required.
- Fingerprinting required upon hire.
- Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) certification required. In addition to the standard background check, this position requires having a clear fingerprint-based criminal records search through the State Bureau of Investigation (SBI).
Open until filled - applications reviewed upon receipt
Provide primary and back-up support for a variety of technology services and/or equipment including, but not limited to assisting internal and external clients with setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and problems with a variety of technology services and equipment such as telecommunications, desktop computers, audio-visual, laptops, email, Web Advisor, third-party applications, printers, and copiers. Provide in-person or remote technical and non-technical support while maintaining excellent customer service, generally via phone, e-mail, remote and/or helpdesk requests or inquiries, while maintaining excellent customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and maintain inventory, operational records, reports, forms, procedures and related information.
- Coordinate with internal departments and external agencies, including vendors, to facilitate IT operations, communicate and gather information, and ensure compliance with service agreements, contracts, laws, regulations, and other procedures and requirements.
- Provide primary and back-up support for a variety of technology services and/or equipment.
- Support College and other department operations by identifying and troubleshooting technical problems related to telecommunications, networks, servers, desktops, copiers, operating systems, audiovisual, programs and specialized application software systems.
- Perform hardware and software maintenance on systems and components to ensure operational efficiency and data integrity and security which may include installing patches for operation systems; upgrading software patches for operating systems; upgrading software packages, and testing and evaluating system performance.
- Assist internal and external clients (i.e. staff and students) with setup, maintenance, troubleshooting and problems with various technology services and equipment such as desktop computers, laptops, email, WebAdvisor, third-party applications, printers, and copiers.
- Provide in-person or remote technical and non-technical support to staff, generally via phone, email, and/or Helpdesk requests or inquiries, while maintaining excellent customer service. As needed, guide clients to additional resources or seek assistance from others to satisfy the request.
- Provide technical input on the procurement of equipment and supplies.
- Provide timely support through helpdesk service requests and servicing emergency calls.
- Provide back-up support for the mailroom as needed.
- Maintain the functionality of classroom computer labs, including but not limited to hardware and software problems.
- Attend meetings and serve on College committees as requested.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing the College. Maintain confidentiality of human resources information and employee records. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the field or discipline with continued adherence to professional accountability. Provide a high level of service to customers by establishing and maintaining effective working relationships and partnerships. Accept responsibility for managing situations and problems. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team and College objectives. Adhere to the College’s policies, procedures, and other established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including special projects.
- Bending, stooping, climbing, crawling, and reaching, with the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 50 pounds required.
- Occasional exposure to elements such as noise, dust, and odors.
- Work environment can be stressful at times in dealing with a wide variety of challenges and deadlines.
- In addition to regular office hours, position sometimes requires overtime and/or evening hours.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact