Closes: Monday, February 28, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s degree in a computer related field or two years’ experience using Microsoft 365 in a power user role and Microsoft 365 certifications.
- Working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft 365.
- Critical thinking and problem determination skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Bachelor's Degree in a computer related field
- One year system administration experience.
- One year administration of document imaging system
- Experience with hardware maintenance and repair.
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague and related products.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION: The Technology Specialist – Systems Support reports directly to the Director of Information Technology Services. The Technology Specialist – Systems Support will play a critical role by assisting the System team as a cross-trained backup and being the technical resource for key applications.
- Serve as the technical resource for additional Colleague-related applications, such as Residency Determination Status (RDS), docusign, etranscripts, TutorTrac, and the college’s room scheduling system.
- Serve as a primary backup for the colleague online system, FALink, the bookstore integration software module with Colleague Financial Aid module, college’s ERP system and the college’s document imaging system.
- Assist with the creation of security classes and user authorization forms.
- Assist with weekly Colleague patch documentation.
- Assist with preparing for state compliance reviews, such as State Audits and EAGLE.
- Assist with researching and implementing emerging technology.
- Assist with semi-annual updates for the Computer Services’ Operating Manual and the on-going updating of all server operating manuals.
- Provide assistance to faculty and staff with the procurement of computer hardware and software.
- Create and conduct end user training as needed.
- Participate in departmental planning and evaluation.
COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS OF ALL EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrated excellence in written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equal opportunity, and the academic, intellectual, and social development of all students and employees.
- An understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college philosophy and mission.
- Treats others respectfully, speaks to others courteously, and behaves in such a way that creates a workplace environment that is marked by trustworthiness, honest but polite communication, and interpersonal interactions that are both personally cordial and professionally appropriate.
- Acts as a team player when working with any and all employees of the College.
- Serves on institutional committees as appointed by the President.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Annually review all Randolph Community College safety rules and policies and be familiar with all emergency safety procedures. Promote good safety habits and be compliant with OSHA safety regulations. Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
- Randolph Community College conducts a background check and drug screening on all full-time new hires.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Melanie L. Avelino
Director of Human Resources
Randolph Community College
629 Industrial Park Avenue
Asheboro, NC 27205