Main Campus, Graham, NC
Closes: Wednesday, August 4, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Must hold at minimum an associate degree in Information Systems, Computer Technology, Math, Statistics, Data Management, or related field from a regionally accredited postsecondary institution (Bachelors preferred)
- More than 3 years of related records management experience
- Experience reviewing data according to programs and policies
- Experience recognizing, working with, and reporting data anomalies
- Experience analyzing, compiling, and reporting data analyses related to student performance and/or retention.
- Classroom management skills in a testing environment
- Excellent follow up skills
- Preferred recent experience with an enterprise student information system (e.g., Colleague)
- Preferred experience in an academic setting
- Preferred Literacy Education Information System (LEIS) Adult Education data entry and analysis experience
- Preferred experience reviewing data according to Community College and/or Adult Education programs and policies
- Preferred experience working with National Reporting System (NRS) Testing and Performance Measures
Responsible for testing students on NRS approved assessments, helps verify, and correct reports submitted monthly to the system office. Maintain a clear understanding of how data is collected, data entry, and attestation. Correcting errors, and resolving data issues. Meets regularly with the coordinator and supports staff to monitor, manage, analyze, report, and use data for instructional effectiveness and improvement as needed.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
Analyzing test data to determine the appropriate test levels to be given to multiple classes as required every 40-50 hours on NRS approved testing in multiple testing areas. Helps in the training of all assessment and orientation staff, with TABE and TABE CLAS-E. Enters required student data into the Colleague data management system. Runs required reports to analyze departmental FTE and MSG rates. Helps complete and submit the state reports monthly and annually. Communicates with the system office, maintains accurate records and proper documentation required by the NCCCS office. Handles specialized intakes.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Analytical - Strong skills in deciphering data along with collecting and researching data.
Continuous Learning - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; seeks feedback to improve performance; pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to build knowledge and skills continuously; shares expertise with others.
Job Knowledge - Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; uses resources effectively.
Use of Technology - Demonstrates required skills; adapts to new technologies; keeps technical skills up to date.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
Cooperation - Establishes and maintains effective relations; exhibits tact and consideration; offers assistance and support to co-workers; works cooperatively in-group situations.
Managing Customer Focus - Promotes customer focus; establishes customer service standards; monitors customer satisfaction; develops new approaches to meeting customer needs.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
Teamwork - Gives and welcomes feedback; puts success of team above own interests.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and DEI initiatives; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promotes a harassment-free environment.
How to Apply
An ACC on-line application MUST be fully completed for consideration, which includes a required letter of interest and transcript attachment. Resume attachments are welcome but will not be accepted in lieu of complete application. Transcript MUST be scanned and attached in order to be considered for this position!
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: