Closes: Sunday, October 16, 2022
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s degree with three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Master’s degree. Ability to speak Spanish.
The Testing and Tutoring Coordinator manages testing and tutoring in the Learning Enhancement Center. Develops and implements a program of academic services and support to assist students in becoming independent learners. Coordinates tutoring activities with other departments to provide synchronized and quality services to students. Coordinates testing activities for placement into gateway English and mathematics courses, entrance into allied health programs, high school equivalency certification, and other programs requiring certification through testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervises, trains, and evaluates staff and peer tutors.
- Develops goals and objectives for testing and tutoring.
- Coordinates the daily tutoring schedule.
- Recommends contracts for staff and peer tutors.
- Assesses, monitors, and evaluates the needs of the students who use the LEC; develops appropriate initiatives to meet students’ needs.
- Coordinates testing to determine placement into gateway English and mathematics courses, entrance exams for allied health programs, and high school equivalency exams. Other testing services may be rendered upon need or request to support the mission of the College.
- Ensures compliance with State Board of Community Colleges Code, federal/state laws and regulations, and accreditation requirements.
- Maintain all administrative certifications required to offer required testing services.
- Responsible for orders, inventories, and equipment in the LEC. Ensure equipment software is kept up to date to properly administer exams. Properly administer all exams.
- Participate in staff and professional development necessary to stay abreast of tutoring and testing services.
- Works with the Director of Student Resources and Distance Learning to maintain website an up-to-date website presence for testing and tutoring.
- Conducts outreach to students and faculty about tutoring and testing services available.
- Works evenings, weekends, and off campus as needed.
- Provide tutoring to students on an as needed basis.
- Serves on various College committees and special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Directly supervises staff and peer tutors in the LEC.
- Interviews and trains new staff and peer tutors in the LEC.
- Plans, assigns, directs, and oversees the daily work and workflow of testing and tutoring.
- Addresses complaints and resolves issues