Mooresville and Statesville Campuses
Closes: Friday, October 23, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Education and Experience Requirements:
High School Diploma is required (Due to test requirements candidates cannot be a currently enrolled college student.)
- proctor experience preferred, but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- ability to give written and oral instructions, and to communicate well and professionally with a diverse student body, faculty, and staff
- ability to exercise sound judgment and to exercise discretion in handling confidential information
- ability to independently solve problems and apply critical thinking skills
- ability to maintain calm demeanor when testing issues arise
- knowledgeable about basic computer operations is required ; keyboarding, word processing and Excel
- must be comfortable learning how to use testing software
- highly organized and able to multi-task
- customer-service oriented; including the ability to balance customer service with enforcement of testing security
- must be able to become certified to administer tests according to sponsors' and vendors' requirements (e.g., College Board, Accuplacer, etc.); this includes: studying proctor manuals, attending webinars, and passing test sponsor/vendor certification exams if needed; submitting credentials, etc. to test sponsors/vendors
- willing to comply with and enforce test sponsor rules
The Testing Assistant is responsible for providing secure exam delivery and superior customer service in a comfortable, friendly environment. Exams to be proctored are computer-based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- comply with all testing procedures, practices and policies
- complete administrative work associated with testing - i.e. filing, printing rosters, scheduling appointments
- set-up and configure computers for computerized test administration
- checks-in students and ensures test security by verifying students' identification (picture ID) prior to administering test
- provides test results and instructions for next steps to students, when appropriate
- perform administrative tasks associated with registration and other test center operations as requested
- ensures respect for student information and student confidentiality
- resolve systematic problems or testing issues that may arise during testing sessions
- must maintain certification according to test sponsors' specifications
- assist at the reception desk with check-in and check-out procedures for students requesting testing
- minimal housekeeping duties such as sanitizing keyboards, shredding scratch paper, sharpening pencils, etc.
- answer telephone inquiries with accurate information to faculty, staff, students and the community in a friendly manner
- other duties as assigned
Standard office environment, usually indoors away from the elements, with moderate noise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to maintain a stationary position for an extended period; move about the office, operate and position computers and files, as needed; and frequently communicate with others. The employee may occasionally move up to 15 pounds.
This is a part-time position, with flexible scheduling based on the needs of the office. Testing occurs 4-5 days per week and one Saturday per month. Hours vary and extend into the evening as well. In addition, some tests are held over school breaks and designated school closures.
Local travel is required, including between campus locations.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Christina Sharkey, Human Resources Assistant
Mitchell Community College
500 W. Broad Street, Statesville, NC 28677