201 Highway U.S. 321
Dallas, NC 28034
Depends on Qualifications
Opens: Monday, November 21, 2022
Closes: Monday, March 6, 2023
Closes: Monday, March 6, 2023
Target Start Date
Monday, January 30, 2023
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate degree (or higher) from a nationally accredited institution in chemistry or related field required.
Work Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Noise: Sufficient noise, either constant or intermittent, to cause marked distraction or possible injury to sense of hearing.
- Fumes: Smoky or vaporous emissions, usually odorous, thrown off as the result of combustion or chemical reaction.
- Odors: Unpleasant smells.
- Gases: Examples include carbon monoxide and ozone.
- Dust: Airborne particles of any kind, such as textile dust, wood, and silica.
- Hazards: Conditions where there is danger to life, health or bodily injury such as closeness to moving mechanical parts; exposure to burns, radiant energy, explosives, toxic chemicals, and electric shock.
- Stand, sit, walk, use hands and fingers to handle or feel, reach with arms and hands, talk or hear, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Close vision; depth perception; ability to adjust focus
- Use of repetitive motion
- Able to operate computer/office machines
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least 10 years’ experience as a textile chemist with experience in dyeing and finishing, chemistry and product testing preferred.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Review of applications will begin 12/2/22
In collaboration with the Senior Analytical Chemist and the Senior Dye Lab Technician, consult with textile clients on materials, methods, and operations, and perform testing and chemical analysis and dyeing and finishing services in accordance with industry standards. Analyze data, develop written reports, and provide analytical assessments based on data and experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and prioritize assigned laboratory activities and tasks according to customer needs, schedules and objectives.
- Conduct all work in full compliance with environmental, health, and safety protocols with specific emphasis on lab safety and keep lab and other work areas clean and organized.
- In collaboration with the Senior Analytical Chemist and the Senior Dye Lab Technician, consult with textile clients on materials, methods, and operations, and design and carry out timely lab experiments and testing (i.e., chemical analysis) and dyeing and finishing services in accordance with industry standards.
- Calibrate or coordinate the calibration of lab and related equipment as scheduled.
- Using standard methods and practices as per the American Association of Textile Chemists and Colorists (AATCC) and the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), make necessary adaptations to operate lab equipment within capabilities and perform testing and analysis.
- Operate lab and lab-related equipment including, but not limited to: Inductively Coupled Plasma Spectrophotometer (ICP), Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC Mass Spec), Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC), Ultraviolet Visible Spectroscopy (UV-Vis), Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR), Atlas Launder meter, Package Dye Machines, Lab Jet Machines, and Spectrophotometer.
- Develop, implement, and follow procedures and methods to perform a wide-range of analyses of polymers, fibers, raw materials, and other production-related materials.
- Using laboratory and related equipment, perform material tests, analyze data, create and maintain clear and concise lab records and documentation, develop written reports, and provide analytical assessments (decisions) based on data and experience.
- Create and maintain or assist with creating and maintaining systems to track workflow and quantify analysis costs.
- Propose solutions to problems encountered during project evolution.
- May participate in training technicians or new employees.
- Participate on various campus-wide committees and meetings or activities as requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned including special projects.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact