3395 Airport Rd., Pinehurst, NC 28374
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Friday, January 31, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- A master’s degree or higher in communications or a master’s degree and 18 graduate credit hours in Theater, or a closely related field.
- Proven experience with community-building in education.
- Demonstrated commitment to the importance of a liberal arts or general education.
- Demonstrated success in instruction at the secondary and/or post-secondary level.
- Successful experience directing major theatrical productions at the secondary or post-secondary level.
- Demonstrated experience with set design and construction and with lighting design.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Positive and collaborative attitude.
- Willingness to work with department chairs and Dean of Instruction to develop strong dual enrollment delivery and transition to college study.
- Community college teaching experience and credentials to teach in additional discipline(s) are preferred.
- Online teaching experience (preferably with Moodle).
- Two years of higher education teaching beyond the graduate assistant level.
- Experience working with and sensitivity to the needs of a diverse student population.
Sandhills Community College seeks applications for a full-time Theater Instructor. Instructional duties will include teaching topics in the Associate in Fine Arts in Theater degree, using a variety of delivery modes: traditional classroom, online, hybrid, weekend, mini-mester, and evening. The theater instructor will use their knowledge, skills, and motivation to guide student learning through a two track classroom and lab style program. Theater Program instruction will include courses in: Play Production, Stage Makeup, Acting for the Camera, Stagecraft, Children’s Theater, Theater Appreciation, and Theater History
Additional faculty duties include assisting with student recruitment, advising students and performing support duties as assigned by the department chair. Class sessions may take place on the Sandhills Community College campus and on Moore and Hoke County high school campuses. Ability to integrate with other disciplines and support technology programs is a plus. Interviews for the position will include a teaching demonstration and an oral/written assessment conducted in a computer environment.
Salary to be commensurate with experience and state salary schedules. Applications will be accepted until January 31, 2020. To maximize your opportunity for selection; transcripts, letter of interest, and resume must be uploaded with your application. Selection is contingent on final budget approval.
Sandhills Community College is convinced that being around people who are different makes us more creative, more diligent, and harder working. We are committed to a campus that supports diversity in both learning and working environments, and in our outreach to our community. We are also committed to working with Veterans of our armed forces to honor their commitment to our country and learn from their experiences.