Main Campus - Smithfield, North Carolina
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Associates Degree in Therapeutic Massage, or related field.
Experience Minimum: License under the NC Practice act for at least two years, with two years of working experience as a Licensed Massage Therapist in an office or spa setting.
Education Preferred: Bachelors Degree in related Field
Experience Preferred: Licensed under the NC Practice Act for two years, with at least two years working experience as a Licensed Massage Therapist in an office or spa setting. Teaching experience, experience with teaching adult learners.
Part Time faculty are professionals with the responsibility of providing a quality learning experience for Johnston Community College students on a semester basis. Part Time faculty report to a dean or director and perform instruction-related duties and responsibilities in a timely manner and in accordance with the mission, policies and procedures of the college. The relationship of the Part Time faculty member to the student is one of teacher and facilitator of learning. The categories listed below constitute the expectations for the Part Time faculty member. These responsibilities will be assessed utilizing student evaluations and classroom observations by the supervisor. Knowledge & Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
All duties of the Part Time faculty member shall reflect the mission, vision, values and learning focus of the College.
- The Part Time faculty member will prepare a course syllabus that follows the prescribed institutional format.
- The Part Time faculty member will distribute and review the course syllabus during the first class meeting.
- The Part Time faculty member will utilize active learning methods and use a variety of instructional strategies designed to assist the learner in meeting the objectives of the course. Such activities can include, but are not limited to:
- Cooperative learning
- Experiential learning
- Writing for learning
- Critical thinking initiatives
- The Part Time faculty member will be prompt and accurate in the recording and reporting of student data including 10% reports and final grade reports.
- The Part Time faculty members will be supportive of students' learning goals by:
- Focusing on student learning outcomes
- Taking into account the needs and abilities of the students
- Becoming familiar with academic and social support
- Making reasonable provisions to accommodate individual differences
- Maintaining the academic integrity of the college
- Making himself/herself available to assist student in achieving their learning goals
- The Part Time faculty member is aware of and recommends campus services to students as needed. These include JCC Website, library services, Tutoring, Counseling, Financial Aid, etc.
- The Part Time faculty member follows appropriate procedures for missing a class by notifying the supervisor or the supervisor's designee and providing an alternate assignment.
- The Part Time faculty member will consistently demonstrate:
- Motivation and productive work habits;
- Commitment to excellence as expressed in the College mission, vision and values;
- A positive, cooperative and supportive attitude toward others;
- Appropriate dress and grooming;
- Commitment to learning by meeting course for scheduled class time;
- Reliability when performing assigned tasks.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact