Morehead City, NC
- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
-Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Therapeutic Massage or related field, and;
-Hold an active license from the NC Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy (LMBT) for at least two years, and;
-Have a minimum of two years professional experience in the subject area, and;
-Have a minimum of two years’ experience teaching in a NC BMBT approved school.
Physical Demands: Must have the physical ability to life/maneuver supplies/equipment up to 25 pounds, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
See minimum qualifications
Carteret Community College, Morehead City, NC is accepting applications for a permanent, part-time (25 hours per week) Therapeutic Massage Lead Instructor. The candidate must have the ability to accommodate a flexible working scheduled including evenings and weekends, including limited travel within our service area.
Applications will be accepted through end of business, Wednesday, July 8, 2020. A completed application must include our completed online application, cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts and/or training certificates. Apply online at www.carteret.edu.
The lead instructor will conduct college courses for undergraduate students by performing the following duties.
Teaching and Learning:
- Teach courses assigned by the department chair and approved by the Division Dean
- Develop course master syllabi and implement instructional activities that are appropriate and meaningful
- Adhere to the departmental course guidelines and ensure that content covers approved student learning outcomes
- Fulfill the duties of clinical or lab instructor in supervision of students as applicable
- Maintain and submit all required college records including attendance and grade reports, etc.
- Evaluate student performance using methods appropriate to the course
- Measure and report required student learning outcomes
- Assist students in receiving needed instructional resources
- Maintain, review, and update course content, learning outcomes, and course syllabi
- Recommend course textbooks, supplies, equipment, and equipment repairs
- Participate in departmental activities relative to revising and updating the course(s) in the area of expertise
Utilize student learning outcomes assessment results to improve courses/program
- Maintain current licensure, certification, or other professional credentials required for position
- Keep abreast of current technology
- Adhere to all institutional policies and procedures
- Attend all required department, division, and college-wide meetings
- Participate in college-wide activities
- Maintain contact with specialized vocations where applicable
- Be alert to public relations opportunities and use these to promote the college and the department
Assist in planning and conducting advisory committee meetings
Perform other duties as assigned.
Carteret Community College is an EOE/E-verify employer. Job offers are conditional subject to satisfactory background check.
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Office
Carteret Community College
3505 Arendell Street
Morehead City, NC 28557