RCC Main Campus
Closes: Friday, April 16, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Experience working with low-income, diverse, and/or first-generation students. Experience in student advising, developing programming for college preparation, and other activities designed to help retain underrepresented populations. Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite; knowledge or willingness to learn Datatel student information system and Aviso retention software. Ability to operate standard office equipment.
Strong effective presentation and communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate qualities of leadership and team building and have excellent organizational skills.
Same as minimum.
- Oversee the day-to-day responsibilities of the project to include implementation and management of the goals and activities.
- Provide oversight and management of procurement activities and budget.
- Provide academic tutoring for students relevant to the transfer process and aligning with the articulation agreement.
- Provide career counseling and advising to students.
- Make referrals for students who are not successfully progressing academically to campus resources.
- Provide presentations when needed on the implementation, development, and progression of grant activities.
- Effectively maintain electronic and hardcopy files.
- Coordinate grant-related meetings with all relevant stakeholders when necessary.
- Work with faculty to identify elements of courses/programs that may need evaluation.
- Assist evaluator in data collection activities.
- Assist Marketing and Communications Director in developing project marketing materials.
- Represent RCC and disseminate project information at local, state, and regional conferences and/or workshops.
- Interprets the mission, educational philosophy, and vision statements of Robeson Community College to the general public.
- Maintains the integrity of the College and its related foundations.
- Represents the College professionally and handle all matters in a confidential manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Candidates for the position should apply online at www.robeson.edu/hr and submit a Professional Resume, a photocopy of Official Transcripts, and any other supporting documentation related to the qualification requirements. Robeson Community College reserves the right to perform consumer background checks on applicants who are considered for employment and the College may administer personality profile testing as part of the selection process.
Human Resources – Sally Carr – email@example.com
Robeson Community College
P. O. Box 1420
Lumberton, NC 28359