Closes: Monday, August 9, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Experience in admissions, financial aid, student records, or related area within a community college or other institution of higher education.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate and provide exceptional customer service.
Demonstrated ability to interpret regulations, office policy and procedures.
Proficiency in MSWord, MSExcel, MSPowerPoint
Proficiency in Colleague
The Transition Advisor will serve as the primary academic advisor for all Career and College Promise students at Rockingham County, public, private and home schools. The Transition Advisor will also serve as the primary admissions contact for all students in their last year of high school wishing to attend RCC after graduation.
The Transition Advisor will provide learning-centered, comprehensive enrollment assistance; evaluate and interpret student enrollment information; and provide college related information to students, parents, and high school administrators.
The Transition Advisor will serve as the coordinator of the Reidsville Area Foundation Rockingham Promise Scholarship.
The Transition Advisor will spend 50 percent of working hours on high school campuses and 50 percent at RCC.
Additional responsibilities include actively engaging in recruitment activities, responding to student and parent inquiries, managing enrollment data, participating in campus-wide projects, and other duties which support the mission and initiatives of the college.
Hours for this professional staff position will be primarily in the daytime, Monday through Friday; however, occasional evening and weekend hours will be required during peak recruitment and enrollment periods.
- Responsible for all phases of the admissions process: receipt of application, receipt of high school transcript, set up and maintenance of files, and communication with high school employees, applicants and currently enrolled students.
- Maintain admissions related functions of the campus information management software system (Colleague).
- Provide admissions and program of study information to current and prospective students through, e-mail, phone calls, and face-to-face interaction.
- Spend an average of 20 hours per week on high school campuses.
- Assist with the development and implementation of recruitment materials, events, and campaigns. Assist the enrollment services team in the creation of a yearly recruitment plan.
- Receive and enter applicant data and applications, and check for supporting documents received and held prior to receipt of application.
- Work closely with advising center staff, financial aid, and registrar to ensure accuracy of student information and proper procedures for transcript evaluations.
- Provide special academic advising for CCP students with unsatisfactory academic progress.
- Maintain current knowledge on State residency guidelines.
- Correspond with new applicants regarding admission requirements for chosen program of study and admission file status when programs of study are changed.
- Meet or talk with applicants and/or students on a daily basis to answer questions and review processing or permanent student files.
- Work closely with the registrar, instructors, and designated high school personnel in collecting and maintaining high school student data for the career and college promise program.
- Maintain current knowledge of basic financial aid resources, policies and procedures
- Promote and recruit students for the Rockingham Promise scholarship program.
- Assist with New Student Orientations.
- Form strong working relationships with HS counselors, Carolina Advising Corps, and Career Development Coordinators.
- Maintain strong partnership with RCC Career Coach, RockATop, and Educational Partnerships.
Represent Rockingham Community College at high school open houses, parent’s nights, CACRAO events, and other high school college and career fairs.