Closes: Thursday, January 31, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
- At least one year of successful experience in career counseling, casework, employment placement, college placement or student services. OR, two years of equivalent experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Skill in interviewing and advising.
- Skill in public relations/marketing and/or community outreach.
- Ability to travel within Rockingham County.
Must be physically able to perform job duties.
- Knowledge of college enrollment procedures and financial aid processes.
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Prior experience with employment placement.
The Transitions Specialist interviews and advises adult education and English language students regarding information, procedures and academic requirements for admission into curriculum and continuing education programs. The individual will connect students with support services (child care, transportation, food, etc.) to increase student retention and success. He/she will ensure students are provided a continuum of services that span from CCR enrollment to HSE/AHS graduation to post-secondary education and the workforce. He/she will assist students in exploring careers, evaluating academic abilities, and setting goals. This individual will coordinate with RCC staff, local agencies, and employers to recruit new students and to appropriately place students as they complete their goal in the CCR program. Additionally, this person will present academic and program information to orientation groups and potential students.
- Acts as counselor to students in relation to goals, program retention, employment and higher education opportunities.
- Utilizes a case management approach to link local services to College and Career Readiness Students.
- Coordinates with community agencies and employment opportunities in effort to assist students.
- Performs career assessments.
- Works with participants to obtain scholarships, grants, and/or employment after HSE/AHS completion.
- Participates in community outreach events.
- Acts as liaison with RCC admissions and financial aid offices.
- Serves as advisor/coach for co-enrollment students.
- Monitors program enrollment and participation for former-offender Grant 225 program
- Develops and implements support strategies for those students with the greatest barriers to success.
- Maintains complete and accurate records and prepares necessary reports.
Displays a high level of effort and commitment to performing work; operates effectively within the organizational structure; demonstrates trustworthiness and responsible behavior.
Perform other duties as assigned.