Closes: Friday, April 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Minimum HS Diploma
- Three years TDT teaching and/or administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must possess KSA’s required to provide oversight of a regional CDL Training program including, but not limited to curriculum design/delivery, equipment management and maintenance.
- CDL required
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Associates Degree with emphasis in truck driving, instructor training, or diesel mechanics; certificate from an accredited Truck Driver Training School.
- Lead Instructor experience, five years teaching and/or administrative experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience to perform the essential functions of the job.
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The purpose of this position is to plan, schedule and supervise the administration of the Collaborative Truck Driver Training Program. The Coordinator will be responsible for spearheading the newly established regional CDL Program with Central Carolina, Sandhills, and Randolph Community Colleges. This employee will be responsible for researching and recommending programs of study for transportation/distribution/logistics across the three-college collaborative and perform teaching, administrative and managerial work. Responsibilities include student recruitment, supervising all Truck Driver Training Instructors, planning and implementing the assignment of instructors to training sites, training instructors, and planning and revising the curriculum materials and standards. The position maintains relationships with the North Carolina Trucking Association, NC Department of Motor Vehicles, and assures meeting Federal Motor Carrier standards.
Incumbent may be housed at any of the three college locations. Position will require travel between service regions of Central Carolina, Sandhills, and Randolph Community Colleges.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Lead the implementation of the Collaborative Truck Driver Training Program across the three Community College service areas
- Research, recommend, and implement programs of study for transportation, distribution, logistics across the collaborative
- Manage and direct Day-to-day operations of Truck Driver Training Program across the collaborative service areas
- Create and oversee class schedules for day, night, and weekend classes
- Teach classes 4-6 hours per week
- Create and lead orientations at regional collaboratives (Sandhills & Randolph Community Colleges)
- Train other instructors in all areas of job performance
- Recruit and advise new students
- Hire, train, and evaluate new employees
- Supervise and assign instructional staff for all classes at each college
- Assess equipment suitability as well as ongoing repair and replacement needs
- Remain abreast of new professional developments and opportunities for truck driver training
- Write, assess, and revise curriculum
- Maintain relationships with the NC Department of Motor Vehicles and regional partners
- Build and maintain relationships with industry partners and employers in all three service areas
- Maintain all administrative records and files for past graduating classes
- Act as a third-party examiner for CDL and maintain all CDL records
- Administrator of Drug and Alcohol for federal enforcement
- Budget Development and Oversight