Rocky Mount, NC
Closes: Thursday, November 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate’s Degree
- Proficient in the writing process, writing and research strategies, and grammar and mechanics.
- Proficient in use of Google Suite and Google Docs.
Bachelor’s Degree in English or related field preferred.
Responsible for providing effective supplemental tutoring in-person and online aligned with learning objectives established by instructors, English Studio Supervisor/Coordinator, and English Department Chair.
START DATE: January 2, 2024
COMPENSATION: $15/hr., 24 hours a week
- Provide students with one-on-one, small group, walk-in, and appointment-based supplemental tutoring in a variety of academic areas.
- Maintain accurate records of tutoring sessions.
- Promote and maintain a welcoming, safe, supportive, and professional educational environment.
- Follow Online Tutoring Procedural Guidelines using Google Docs.
- Attend mandatory pre-semester training as required by the English Studio Supervisor/Coordinator and participate in on-going training throughout the semester as needed.
- Attend training in the College’s Online Learning Management System to access instructor/student learning materials as needed.
- Reinforce assignment guidelines and academic expectations as set by the instructor on record.
- Maintain regular and consistent on-site attendance in accordance with the schedule set by the English Studio Supervisor/Coordinator.
- Maintain designated English classroom and tutoring spaces and report problems to English Studio Supervisor/Coordinator and English Department Chair in a timely manner.
- Safeguard and keep accurate inventory of instructional equipment and report any irregularities to English Studio Supervisor/Coordinator and English Department Chair.
- Perform other duties as assigned which contribute to the efficient and effective operation of NCC.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Employees may request reasonable accommodation(s) if necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Maintain stationary position, sitting or standing, for extended periods of time.
- Operate a computer and other office productivity machinery.
- Ability to maintain files in file cabinets.
- Occasionally lift, move, transport, install, or remove items weighing up to 15 pounds.
- The ability to communicate information so that others understand.
- The ability to observe details.