Closes: Tuesday, November 30, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
MINIMUM EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum of a 3.0 GPA required.
- Completion of course(s) being tutored with a grade of "B" or better required or recommendation from an instructor required if still enrolled in course.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong oral and written communication skills required.
- Good interpersonal communication skills required.
- Must be responsible, reliable, and dependable.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to process information and manage time and resources required.
- Generally works in a traditional climate-controlled office environment and requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Some walking, standing, and bending required, and the ability to lift and maneuver items weighing up to 25 pounds.
Provide individual and small-group tutoring to students in the Learning Center to foster academic achievement or success in a course of study by facilitating learning, skill development, mastery of concepts and applications, and instilling confidence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete any required tutor training before providing tutoring services.
- Provide individual and small-group tutoring to students in the Learning Center on a regular or appointment basis to foster academic achievement or success in a course of study as approved by the Learning Center Coordinator and/or Specialist. Provide and review the student agreement in an initial tutoring session with a student.
- Facilitate learning, study, and other skill development, mastery of concepts and applications, and clarification of learning opportunities for approved course material. As needed, review course material, discuss assignments, work on solutions to problems, and assist in formulating ideas and strategies, or recommending helpful resources; however, it is specifically inappropriate to provide assistance on tests and quizzes.
- Accurately complete and submit timely all required documentation or paperwork including, but not limited to, tutor notes (to be completed at the end of each session) and records for FTE audit purposes. Be sure to use your full name, sign all paperwork, and maintain all records in the Learning Center.
- Be responsible, dependable, honest, mature, and punctual for all scheduled work shifts and/or appointments. "Clock in" at the beginning of a scheduled work shift or period and "clock out" at the end of that work shift or period, and if applicable, submit accurate time sheets to Coordinator/Specialist on the last working day of each month. In the event that there is a justifiable reason that a scheduled work shift or period or tutoring session/appointment cannot be kept, you must notify the Learning Center Coordinator and/or Specialist at least one hour prior to the start of a scheduled work shift or period. Schedule modifications may only be made with the approval of the Coordinator/Specialist.
- Assist with maintaining a learning environment that is clean, orderly, and quiet (i.e., free from controllable distractions).
- Remain in assigned tutoring area during scheduled work time and provide excellent customer service by enthusiastically and proactively engaging all students (customers) in a friendly, patient, and helpful manger; and by maintaining a strong customer focus at all times that is free from disruption caused by things such as cell phone use, computer gaming, and regular engagement in the use of social media.
- Maintain a high standard of professional and ethical practice in representing and promoting the Learning Center and the College. Maintain confidentiality of applicable information. Provide a high level of service to customers/students by establishing and maintaining effective relationships and partnerships. Work cooperatively with team members and colleagues, contributing positively and constructively to the achievement of team, Learning Center, and College objectives. Adhere to policies, procedures, rules, and other established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact