Main Campus (Dobson NC)
Closes: Wednesday, September 30, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
College coursework in Viticulture, Enology, Marketing, or Business. Must be able to work flexible/specified hours during the week and weekends.
Associate Degree in Viticulture, Enology, Marketing, or Business. Experience with winery operations and social media.
Assist with maintenance and promotion of wines produced by students in the Viticulture & Enology program.
VEN Program Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day operations and routine tasks of campus winery to include:
• Assist Enology Faculty, Viticulture Technician, and Science Division Chair with record-keeping related to harvest, fermentation, finishing, storage, and packaging
• Maintain records of current inventories (supplies, case goods, fermenting, and bulk/barreled wines). This information is subject to inspection by federal and state authorities and used to complete required reports to regulatory agencies
• Maintain inventory of tax-paid wine
• Coordinate with Enology Instructor to order and receive supplies on a timely basis
• Possess demonstrated ability and willingness to utilize safe working habits at all times in the winery
• Possess flexibility in weekly schedule to accommodate bottling, harvest, Southeastern Grape & Wine Symposium, and wine festivals
• Assist in the distribution of wine to retail outlets by pursuing and maintaining wholesale relationships with wine shops and restaurants in the region
• Assist with the planning and implementation of Viticulture & Enology Advisory Committee meetings
• Assist with Viticulture & Enology program and event marketing, including managing social media accounts
• Assist with production of the Viticulture & Enology newsletter
• Assist with industry outreach and special projects as needed
• Market the VEN program and Surry Cellars brand
See complete job description at https://jobs.surry.edu/postings/10124
How to Apply
Job Post Contact