Closes: Thursday, March 30, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Bachelors Degree with major course work in Public Administration, Business or a closely related field
3-5 years of experience in supplier minority purchasing activities and project management
Central Piedmont is seeking a Full-Time Vendor Diversity Program Specialist position in the Finance and Administrative Services department located on Central Campus.
Anticipated hiring date: April 3, 2023
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday
Hours per week: 40 hours
Develop, maintain and contribute to the College's progress in vendor diversity awareness, support, retention, and growth.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and drive the College's supplier diversity strategy.
2. Lead the partnership with Procurement, Facilities Services, and Equity Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) Council to refine the Vendor/Procurement Diversity program and measurement/assessment tool(s).
3. Partner with Procurement, Facilities Services, and EDI Council delegates to formalize the diversity supplier/vendor management processes and centralized access to supplier data for the College.
4. Partner with Finance and Administrative Services in promoting supplier diversity across the College's financial portfolio.
5. Provide updates and reports on the progress of the MWBE program and MWBE utilization; Stay abreast of local, state, and national trends.
6. Provide internal training regarding MWBE policies and guidelines.
7. Provide direction and counsel on equitable product and/or service procurement based on local, state, and national trends.
8. Identify and partner with key stakeholders in the community to offer workshops, conduct outreach opportunities, and provide technical assistance to increase the College's capacity of diverse suppliers.
9. Participate in local, state, and national events concerning MWBE and vendor diversity.
10. Design and manages processes and makes policy recommendations to effectively manage supplier diversity.
11. Track renewals and identifies growth opportunities with current diverse suppliers.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
* Ability to present to an engage well with individuals at various levels of the organization as well as external partners
* Ability to work with a facilitate teams, manage multiple projects, and meet strict deadlines
* Strong computer and analytical skills
* Knowledge o local and state HUB and MWBE vendor practices
* Ability to create reports that include infographic, PowerPoint and tables
How to Apply
Job Post Contact