Closes: Wednesday, September 15, 2021
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree, and
- At least two years of administrative work experience, or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal skills;
- Ability to work with students, faculty, and staff (coworkers)
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree
- Veteran status
At Central Carolina Community College, we create transformative lifelong learning opportunities! We expect all employees to find ways to remove barriers to student success and provide all students a pathway to achievable dreams. Our employees are charged to recognize the challenges we face and to respond to them with empathy, understanding, and a willingness to help.
The Veterans Services Coordinator is responsible for accomplishing all the required functions in the administration of the Veterans Administration Education Benefit Programs for students attending Central Carolina Community College. Position is located on the Lee Main Campus in Sanford with occasional travel to the Harnett Main Campus in Lillington and the Chatham Main Campus in Pittsboro.
Diversity Policy: Central Carolina Community College believes the college experience is greatly enriched through diversity; therefore, the college encourages diversity of thought within the student body and staff. Furthermore, the college seeks to promote awareness of diversity and the respect for all individuals, and the college pledges to adhere to this mission in its relationship with the community.
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for students desiring to use VA Education Benefits at CCCC
- Ensure prompt and proper certification of student enrollment to the VA
- Provide students information on each VA Educational Benefits programs (Chapter 33 Post 9/11, Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill, Dependent educational assistance programs, Vocational Rehabilitation Programs, Reserve programs, etc.) and assist with the application process for each program
- Utilize VA-provided software (VA-Once) for proper and prompt certification and required adjustments to certifications
- Monitor student attendance and satisfactory academic progress as required by VA regulations
- Submit the college catalog to the NC State Approving Agency for approval yearly as required
- Maintain complete and accurate student VA files/records
- Update fields in Colleague for VA students as needed
- Visit Harnett and Pittsboro locations on a rotating basis as needed to assist students with VA Benefits
- Work with Business Office to ensure proper tuition and fee charges as needed
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.