Lee Main Campus in Sanford with travel to Harnett Main Campus in Lillington and Chatham Main Campus in Pittsboro
Closes: Monday, March 9, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate Degree
- 2 years of administrative work experience
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal skills and ability to work with students, faculty, and staff (coworkers)
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree
- Veteran status
The Veterans Services Coordinator is responsible for accomplishing all the required functions in the administration of the Veterans Administration Education Benefit Programs for students attending Central Carolina Community College
- Act as the primary point-of-contact for students desiring to use VA Education Benefits at CCCC
- Ensure prompt and proper certification of student enrollment to the VA
- Provide students information on each VA Educational Benefits programs (Chapter 33 Post 9/11, Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill, Dependent educational assistance programs, Vocational Rehabilitation Programs, Reserve programs, etc.) and assist with the application process for each program
- Utilize VA-provided software (VA-Once,Tungsten Network, etc.) for proper and prompt certification and required adjustments to certifications
- Monitor student attendance and satisfactory academic progress as required by VA regulations
- Submit the college catalog to the NC State Approving Agency for approval yearly as required
- Maintain complete and accurate student VA files/records
- Update fields in Colleague for VA students as needed
- Visit Harnett and Pittsboro locations on a rotating basis as needed to assist students with VA Benefits
- Work with Business Office to ensure proper tuition and fee charges as needed
- Attend conferences, meetings, and workshops to obtain up-to-date information and regulations pertaining to Veterans Affairs
- Serve on College committees as assigned.
- Complete the annual five-hour staff development.
- Encourage and support College activities, policies, procedures, and philosophies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.