- Instructional (Faculty)
Closes: Monday, July 22, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Associate's degree in Veterinary Medical Technology from an accredited institution, OR a D.V.M. (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine) or V.M.D. (Veterinariae Medicinae Doctoris) from an accredited institution;
- Current RVT or DVM License, in good standing, in the state of North Carolina;
- Minimum three years professional experience as a RVT.
- Background in and current knowledge of veterinary medical technology concepts and technologies
- Experience teaching at the community college level or experience in developing and/or administering veterinary medical technology training in a professional or academic setting.
- Knowledge of educational theory and methodology: curriculum development, learning strategies, test construction, measurement and evaluation.
- Experience working with Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities(CVTEA) standards.
The successful candidate(s) will plan and administer instruction and assessment for courses in the Veterinary Medical Technology Program. This position also requires the successful candidate(s) to contribute to program planning, respond to CVTEA reporting and inspection requirements as required by Program Director, and to assist the department chair/academic dean in support of curricular or institutional duties.