Closes: Friday, April 17, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Master’s Degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Three years of higher education work experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, particularly listening skills.
- Ability to function within a team environment.
- Earned Doctor Degree from an accredited institution
- Five years of NC Community College work experience
- Experience supervising post-secondary academic faculty
The Vice President for Academic Affairs is directly responsible for the leadership and administration, the planning, development, maintenance, and operation of College curriculum and non-credit programs; provides administrative and leadership direction for all areas of Academic Affairs. This position will provide collaborative leadership with the Executive Leadership Team ensuring the College runs effectively and efficiently in documenting, developing, monitoring and achieving institutional/administrative units/program goals. Under the general direction of the President, this position has specific responsibility and authority to develop all academic activities for the college.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Provide collaborative leadership to the Associate Vice Presidents of the Schools within the College, Dean of eLearning, Director of Library Services, Director of Economic and Workforce Development, and academic units within the College. Serve as the Chief Academic Officer (curriculum and continuing education) and maintain responsibility for the overall leadership of the College's instructional units. Work collaboratively with members of the Executive Leadership Team to assist the President in maintaining a unified vision for student success that is supportive of the College's purpose and mission. Ensure the College has innovative workforce training programs that respond to community labor market demands by partnering with business and industry.
- Develops, implements, and administers goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures necessary to provide assigned services and functions to the College.
- Works with, supervises and evaluates Associate Vice Presidents
- Supervises and evaluates all direct reports.
- Oversees instruction in on-campus, off-campus, and distance courses.
- Coordinates the development of new instructional programs.
- Oversees processes that assess academic effectiveness, incorporates the principles and practices of curriculum development, evaluates student learning objectives, and improves student learning outcomes attainment.
- Administers the overall leadership and coordination of the Learning Resource Center.
- Provides necessary SACSOC information to the SACSCOC liaison.
- Responds to issues and concerns pertaining to the scope of assigned responsibilities according to established College policies and procedures, including resolving difficult and sensitive student inquiries and complaints, and recommending changes in those policies and procedures as may be needed over time.
- Works in partnership with Associate Vice Presidents in solving problems related to faculty, programs, and students.
- Builds and fosters collaborative programs and initiatives such as articulation agreements with universities, K-12 connections, and business, industry, and community partnerships.
- Collaborates with Stanly County Public Schools to facilitate Career and College Promise (CCP) and Cooperative Innovative High Schools.
- Serves on the committee to develop academic calendars.
- Assists in the management of Vocational Education (Perkins) grant activities.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive instructional division budget; practices sound stewardship through the effective administration of funds allocated to the division; works collaboratively with the Vice President of Administrative Services to ensure accurate and sound accounting of budgets relative to the division; takes necessary actions to ensure compliance with budget limitations and established fiscal policies; and oversees the training of budget managers.
- Oversees assigned standing committees.
- Requires rigorous adherence to division-related core requirements and standards expected for accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- Serves as Chief Academic Officer for the college and assumes responsibility for ensuring that all programs, courses and services support the purpose and mission of the College.
- Supervises the hiring of all divisional personnel.
- Ensures that divisional personnel are knowledgeable of and comply with institutional and NC Community College System state policies and procedures.
- Pursues relationships for the purpose of delivering educational and training programs to meet the needs of business, industry, community groups, and other organizations.
- Supports alternative funding opportunities through effective grant development and attainment.
- Serves as a member of the Executive Leadership Team to assist the President in administrative leadership for the College.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the President.
- Represents the College at meetings, conferences, and events, etc., as appropriate.
- Attends state, regional, and national meetings for program updates and professional development.
- Chairs committees as requested by the President.
- Attends Trustee meetings and make presentations as directed.
- Provides appropriate campus leadership in the absence of the President.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Required Position Training to be completed in the first year of hire:
- Microsoft Office
- eLearning Tools
How to Apply
Job Post Contact
Human Resources Specialist
Stanly Community College
141 College Dr.
Albemarle, NC 28001