Closes: Sunday, December 6, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, public administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of six years of progressively responsible experience preferably in higher education.
- Working knowledge of the NCCCS.
- Experience in planning and budgeting at the organizational level, particularly in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience in addressing and developing complex institutional budgetary priorities and needs.
- Proficient in accounting, statistical analysis, revenue forecasting, financial modeling, project modeling and business plan development.
- Proficient in basic business related software, network, telecommunications and desktop tools.
- Ability to develop and interpret reports, policies and forms, analyze problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships and establish strong communication with the departments across the institution and the College community.
- Committed to creating a strong culture of customer service.
- Expertise in technology applications for accounting, budgeting, and reporting.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage competing priorities.
- Experience with developing and negotiating contracts.
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or a master’s degree.
This position serves as the chief financial officer of the College and is responsible for planning, managing, and directing the financial operations of the College; including budget, accounting, insurances, purchasing, vending, bookstore, Foundation accounting, payroll, Information Technology, as well as, Campus renovations and construction, maintenance, safety and security. This position is responsible for advising the President and the Senior Leadership Team regularly about the status of the College’s budget and regulations governing the allocation and expenditure of funds.
- Manage the business services of the College. Advise the President in matters pertaining to financial and business activities of the College.
- Coordinate the development of policies, regulations, and procedures that relate to the areas of responsibility.
- Coordinate the development and preparation of the College budget in accordance with college goals; work with individuals responsible for budgetary units and with the President and administrative team in the development of the budget.
- Monitor expenditures to ensure that budget limits are maintained. Work with budgetary units and the administrative team to make budget adjustments and reclassifications as needed. Provide monthly budget reports and explain budget balances.
- Provide written and oral reports and advice to the President, administrative team, budgetary units, faculty, and staff as required to ensure complete understanding of the budget.
- Direct, review, and maintain college contracts, licenses, permits, and insurance.
- Ensure compliance with financial reporting requirements for state, federal, and local entities; as well as, state statutes, federal and local laws, and institutional policies/procedures.
- Assist other departments as necessary with partnerships between the College and other agencies.
- Coordinate and maintain externally funded grants, including requesting reimbursements as needed.
- Maintain and provide reports as needed for the Student Support Services Grant.
- Assist Financial Aid as needed with the Federal Work-Study (FWS) and Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) calculations and fund balances with assistance from the Controller.
- Ensure the establishment of appropriate internal controls and that they are followed, with the assistance of the Controller.
- Ensure coordination of audit activities with state auditors in the completion of annual fiscal year audit.
- Coordinate the request/purchase of equipment, supplies, and properties for the College, in collaboration with the administrative team and the President.
- Handle and/or respond to all requests from the North Carolina Community College System (NCCCS) Office, including surveys.
- Approve payroll on a monthly basis; assist and give supervision to the payroll department.
- Prepare and submit the yearly longevity report to the NCCCS.
- Prepare and submit the annual Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS) report as related to Finance.
- Assist Financial Aid with the preparation of the annual Fiscal Operations Report and Application to Participate (FISAP) report.
- Compile the necessary information needed to complete the financial reports for fiscal year end; including Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR), financial statements, and closing the year in Datatel – with the assistance of the Controller.
- Ensure compliance with records retention and disposal.
- Ensure that the daily operations/functions of the Business Office are efficient, accurate, and timely.
- Ensure that Business Office employee job descriptions are kept up-to-date.
- Ensure that training is received for new hires within the Business Office, as well as assisting current employees when needed.
- Approve requisitions $1,000 or over on E-Procurement.
- Monitor federal expenditures and draw down of funds at least monthly or as needed. (FWS, Student Support Services (SSS), Pell, SEOG, etc.)
- Serve as Treasurer for the Roanoke-Chowan Community College Foundation.
- Hold regular staff meetings to ensure proper communication within the Business Office.
- Maintain an office calendar and personnel leave records to aid in scheduling leave.
- Ensure that all financial aid, student sponsorships, and return of Title IV funds are processed timely and accurately; including proper communication with the Financial Aid office.
- Assist the Controller as needed.
- Manage facilities, maintenance, safety/security, and construction/renovations.
- Manage the Information Technology Department.
- Provide supervision to the Human Resources Director.
- Serve on the President’s Cabinet (PC) and other College committees as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the President.
SUPERVISION PROVIDED: This position provides supervision to the Business Office, Information Technology, Facilities/Maintenance, Safety/Security, and Human Resources Departments.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: This position is supervised by the President.
How to Apply
Direct Link to Apply: https://ats.applicantone.com/Careers/roanokechowancommunitycollege?ATSPo...
***We are also requesting that you please email a letter of application and a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org