Alamance Community College, 1247 Jimmie Kerr Rd, Graham, NC 27253
Closes: Saturday, February 1, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Master’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration, public administration, or related field and preferably a minimum of 12 years’ experience that includes significant work with government accounting, budget development and management, construction management, staff management and development, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
The successful candidate will possess excellent leadership skills, strong verbal and written communication skills, ability to manage an experienced and professional staff, ability to think strategically, and the ability to work independently and exercise sound judgement.
Preference may be given to applicants possessing CPA designation or who possess thorough knowledge of North Carolina General Statute 115D, North Carolina Board of Community College Code, and applicable state controller, state treasurer and state auditor policies and practices.
Alamance Community College, located in Graham, North Carolina on the Interstate 85/40 Corridor between the Cities of Greensboro and Durham, is seeking a strategic and visionary leader to become its next Vice-President of Administrative Services/Chief Financial Officer. Reporting to the college president, the successful candidate will serve as CFO managing the business and financial operations of the college in addition to providing administrative oversight to the college’s facility management, auxiliary services, and public safety departments.
This is an exciting period in the college’s history as Alamance County voters approved a $50 million construction bond in 2018 that will provide new instructional and support facilities, including a biotechnology center of excellence, public safety training facility, and student learning and development center. In addition, the college seeks to establish two satellite campuses within the county. The successful candidate will be extensively involved in bringing these projects online as planning is already in the early stages.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Position:
- Ensuring proper fiscal and budgetary planning and management of all operations and services of the college.
- Preparing and/or supervising the preparation and submission of reports required by local, state, and federal law pertaining to financial operation of the college.
- Overseeing timely preparation of the college’s annual operating and capital budgets and production of relevant documents for review and approval by the Board of Trustees.
- Establishing and maintaining excellent business and organizational relationships with appropriate government officials and business community members who have a financial or legal relationships with the college.
- Providing leadership to twenty (20) full-time and several part-time employees in the Administrative and Fiscal and Public Safety Departments. Leads, motivates and manages employees to optimize their performance and effectiveness.
- Overseeing and maintaining an effective and efficient system of internal controls established by the State Controller and State Auditor, validated through internal audit procedures.
- Delivering high-quality and responsive customer service to the campus community, students, and relevant stakeholders.
- Performing financial modeling, forecasting, and data analysis as needed.
- Providing financial information to the college president, faculty, managers, and staff in a manner that facilitates effective decision-making and supports the college’s strategic plan.
- Employing a process of self-monitoring and internal assessment to ensure continuous improvement and progress toward attainment of department goals.
- Maintaining expertise in federal and state policies, procedures, and regulations as they pertain to the college.
- Ensuring the preparation, distribution and retention of all data and regulatory compliance associated with bond funding and capital project expenditures.
- Overseeing contract and lease management, real estate, and construction functions and maintains all related documentation.
- Managing the operation of auxiliary services, such as the college bookstore, facility maintenance, and food services.
- Ensuring compliance with rules and regulations governing financial reporting (CAFR, GASB, FASB).
How to Apply
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
In compliance with federal law, the successful candidate will be required to successfully pass a drug screen and background check and must be able to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States.
Full complement of employer-provided benefits including health, dental, life, short and long-term disability; and vision insurance plans; 403b defined contribution plan; state-provided defined benefit plan; paid sick, personal and holiday leave; and flexible spending account.
Complete application and submit resume at governmentjobs.com/careers/alamanceccedu
For best consideration, submit resumes by December 15, 2019.