Flat Rock, NC; Henderson County
Closes: Sunday, June 30, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Blue Ridge Community College is located in Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County. Presently we have an opening for a full-time Vice President for Advancement. The Vice President for Advancement is responsible for designing and implementing a comprehensive institutional advancement program. Reporting directly to the President, this position entails the functions of managing, coordinating and directing the College’s Educational Foundation, Marketing and Communications department, and the College’s external affairs which include: strategic partnerships, community affairs, raising funds, grants management, marketing, public information, major gifts and gift planning, endowments, capital campaigns, constituent relation efforts, resource allocation, and supervision and evaluation of services and staff.
Master’s degree is required.
• A minimum of seven (7) years of administrative experience or management in public or private organizations.
• Experience with Raiser’s Edge donor management software and Financial Edge NXT or similar products is preferred.
• Advancement experience in higher education is preferred.
• Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) credential preferred.
• Experience in a postsecondary foundation, including scholarship processes.
Knowledge and Skills:
• A demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse constituencies and a successful record of significant accomplishment with fundraising is required.
• An understanding of and commitment to the mission of the community college and the diversity of the community college student population.
• Strong communication capabilities including active listening skills, a demonstrated competency in oral, written and interpersonal communication skills, and proficient computer skills.
• Well-developed managerial, supervisory, and mentorship skills, including the ability to delegate effectively.
• The applicant must be able to demonstrate maturity and sound judgment, confidentiality, tact and discretion, professional demeanor and behavior at all times.
• A strong work ethic, personal integrity, emotional intelligence and the ability to follow directions, follow College procedures and policies as well the ability to operate in a team environment.
• The successful candidate must possess strategic thinking and planning skills.
• Knowledge of the local philanthropic and business community.
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
• Commitment to safety first.
The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution
How to Apply
Job Post Contact