Closes: Sunday, December 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
A Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance Administration or a closely related field; or equivalent.
Five years of progressively responsible experience in accounting and financial work including at least three years in an administrative and supervisory capacity.
Certified Public Accountant
Documented community college experience at the executive level in the field of Business and Finance
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receives general administrative direction from the College President.
- Exercises direct and indirect supervision over professional, para-professional, technical, and clerical staff.
- Develops, plans, implements, and administers goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures related to business and finance, auxiliary and retail, and property control services; develops and implements new or modified programs, policies, and procedures.
- Directs, oversees, and participates in the development of the division’s work plan; assigns work activities, projects, and programs; monitors work flow; reviews and evaluates work products, methods, and procedures.
- Directs, oversees, reviews, and participates in College accounting activities including budget, cash management, cashiering, student accounts, capital projects, accounts payable, procurement, grants, student grants and scholarships, payroll, employee benefits, and all financial reporting.
- Directs, oversees, and reviews the activities of the bookstore, cafe, vending, and Trojan Field retail operations.
- Directs, oversees, and reviews the activities of equipment control and inventory.
- Acts as the College’s Capital Projects Coordinator under a special construction delegation.
- Reviews, evaluates, and recommends improvements to the College’s accounting and financial internal control systems and procedures; coordinates annual audit activities; and responds to annual audit reports.
- Develops and implements short and long-range operational plans, including financial plans to support the planned development of the College.
- Forecasts additional funding needs for staffing, equipment, and other costs.
- Participates in the monitoring of expenditures compared to budget for all College departments.
- Participates in the coordination and supervises the development of the annual budget; ensures fiscal integrity of the College.
- Coordinates assigned activities with other departments, divisions, faculty, and administrative staff assuring financial integrity and accountability.
- Provides assistance to the President; prepares and presents reports and other necessary correspondence.
- Prepares and presents accounting and financial reports to the President and Board of Trustees.
- Participates in various meetings; provides financial information to College managers and external agencies.
- Directs the preparation of financial reports as required by law; prepares various financial reports and analyses, as requested by higher level management.
- Provides assistance and advice to administration, management, faculty and staff across the College; develops, prepares, and presents recommendations and reports to internal and external stakeholders, as requested or required.
- Supervises, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned professional, para-professional, and administrative staff; establishes and monitors employee performance objectives; prepares and presents employee performance reviews; provides or coordinates staff training.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact