Blue Ridge Community College, Flat Rock, North Carolina; Henderson County
Closes: Friday, July 10, 2020
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
Come Join Our TEAM!
Blue Ridge Community College is currently seeking applications for a Vice President for Economic and Workforce Development/Continuing Education. The Vice President for the Division for Economic and Workforce Development/ Continuing Education is responsible for development, organization, administration, and supervision of non-credit and credit programs in Advanced Technologies, Public Safety and Corporate and Customized Training that are designed to respond to the needs of students, businesses and industries in Henderson and Transylvania Counties. The Division consists of the following program areas: Public Safety Training, Advanced Technologies, Career and Technical Education Career and College Promise, Skilled Trades and Emergency Services, Personal Community Enrichment, Continuing Education, Cooperative Education, Corporate and Customized Training, Human Resource Development, NC Works Career Center, Environmental Health Safety Institute (EHSI), Schenck Job Corps., Law Enforcement and the College Small Business Center. This Vice President is also responsible for building and maintaining relationships with the community in all disciplines.
Education: Master’s degree from an accredited college or university, doctorate preferred.
Experience: Seven years of progressive responsibility in higher education administration. Proven success in leading people, managing change, strategic planning, measuring results and effective budgeting in a complex work environment.
Job-specific Characteristics and Skills Required:
• At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in higher education administration, with proven results in leading/managing people, tasks and budgets in a complex work environment.
• Experience in college-level instruction, teaching in a community college setting preferred.
• Ability to conduct long-range planning relative to instructional and training programs which achieve designated goals and objectives.
• Experience in working with community and business leaders and promoting institutional programs.
• A leadership style that is collaborative, visionary and open.
• Possess a broad knowledge of educational best practices in community colleges and a demonstrated commitment to the continuous improvement and professional development of College faculty and staff.
• A commitment to program assessment and the institutional effectiveness planning process.
• Knowledge of SACSCOC compliance standards, experience with reaccreditation preferred.
• Active involvement in professional associations related to the position.
Knowledge and Skills: Possess strong personal and professional integrity, effective verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to safety. Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite or similar products, database systems, College email and website, and other computer applications associated with the position.
Physical Demands: The ability to perform all duties associated with the position including, but not limited to lifting, prolonged standing, sitting, bending, stooping, and operating or performing work with associated tools and machines.
Blue Ridge Community College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Institution.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact