340 Victoria Road
Asheville, North Carolina 28801
Closes: Monday, October 14, 2019
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
1. Master's degree
2. Five years of full-time or equivalent leadership experience in an educational, government or industry setting with a focus on economic and/or workforce development.
3. Budget and personnel management experience as a component of a job assignment.
4. Experience building partnerships with community stakeholders
1. Experience leading a community college division or department focused on economic and/or workforce development.
2. Three years of full-time or equivalent teaching experience with adults in an industrial setting or in higher education,
3. Proficiency in a foreign language such as Spanish, an East Slavic language, and/or American Sign Language.
Reports to the President and is responsible for assessing the need, providing leadership and ensuring that appropriate training programs and classes are provided to meet community needs. Responsible for ensuring quality program offerings by promoting innovation utilizing effective delivery technologies and developing business relationships to deliver customized training solutions for business and industry. Responsible for oversight of Division budgets; provide leadership in the development of innovative training to meet community needs. Responsible for allocating and managing the Division’s human resources to include reviewing, prioritizing and making recommendation regarding personnel requests, participating on interviews and hiring decisions and ensuring compliance with college procedures in the employment of instructional, clerical, and administrative personnel within the division. Supervises the Director Community Service, Director of Workforce Programs, Executive Director of Workforce Development and collaborates with the Deans for the Emergency Service Academy and Hospitality Education Academy. Serves as the Enka Site Administrator and Senior Continuing Education Administrator; Participates in grant activities which will further the mission of the college.