Closes: Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Target Start Date
Expected Work Hours
The incoming Vice President will have a high level of accountability and integrity, and will maintain the highest ethical standards. The ideal candidate will be a highly collaborative and innovative leader, committed to fostering a culture of collegiality, transparency, and trust across the College, while working with internal and external parties to ensure College needs and objectives are met. Knowledge of budget development, administration, and the ability to develop, interpret and equitably apply College policies, procedures, rules and regulations. Knowledge necessary to maintain College accreditation standards related to administrative services area as required by SACSCOC. Demonstrated abilities to plan, coordinate facility new construction, renovations, and properly award contracts for compliance and/or resolution of contract deviations.
Maintain a standard of excellence while working with businesses, government agencies, and military/Department of Defense organizations supporting regional economic growth and development. Demonstrated ability to identify, apply for and obtain grant awards and other alternative financing to assist with facilities maintenance and construction requirements. The successful candidate must demonstrate, through examples, their individual creativity, initiative, successful innovations, and their collaborative team-building capabilities enhancing fulfillment of an education institution’s vision, mission and/or purpose statements. Must possess excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, to inspire teamwork and ongoing collaboration with staff, other administrators, and students. Ability to improve effective working relationships with members of the community, students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
Possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in engineering, business administration, public administration, construction management or related degree with five years of increasingly responsible oversight of construction or renovation project management or administration.
Master’s degree from an accredited college or university or licensure as a Professional Engineer.
Documented experience with State of NC construction/renovation contracting and/or project management.
Demonstrated knowledge of automated project management tools assisting in the planning and scheduling of projects of all sizes as a means of developing sequenced activities/tasks that require sequential completion, thereby simplifying complex projects into projected timeline(s) using visualization techniques in scheduling, managing, and monitoring specific tasks and resources throughout the duration of a project.
The candidate selected for this position will coordinate and manage the College’s construction projects and plans, direct and review activities and operations in the facilities, grounds, maintenance, and printing operations, and ensure ongoing compliance for these administrative functions as required by Federal and State laws, regulations and guidelines including those associated with OSHA and submission of required documentation to the State Construction Office. The Vice President will establish short- and long-range planning objectives, establish annual targets for success, develop data-driven measures for evaluation of target achievement, and annually report on continuous improvements achieved through analysis of the factors for success. The Vice President will also ensure continuing compliance with the administrative support requirements as required by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). The Vice President for Facilities and Support Services will provide highly complex and responsible staff assistance to the College President and the Board of Trustees.
- Plan, lead, organize, and direct the activities of College-wide Administrative Services including establishing annual forecasts for funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies.
- Will also monitor and approve budgetary expenditures, including mid-year budget revisions, as necessary, to sustain the administrative operations for multiple instructional campus operations.
- Will establish and evaluate strategic-level goals supporting the College’s Mission, Purpose, and Institutional Goals.
- Coordinate new facility constructions and/or renovations for existing buildings and supervise the negotiations and administration of contracts with outside vendors and contractors; review completed projects for contract compliance and take appropriate action to resolve differences.
- Will develop, plan and implement departmental goals and objectives, recommend and administer policies and procedures.
- Will prepare and present staff reports and other necessary correspondence. Supervise and participate in the development and administration of the functional area, including development of work plans, assignment of work activities, projects, and programs by monitoring work flow, review and evaluation of work products, methods and procedures.
- Select, supervise, train, and appraise performance of staff working in area of responsibility.
- Motivates staff to work as a team to meet the current and future visions of the College while remaining a faculty and staff advocate.
- Confer with and provide faculty and staff assistance and advice to College staff regarding operations and services and develop, prepare, and present recommendations and reports, as requested.
- Plan and schedule preventative maintenance activities and evaluate cost-effectiveness of the College’s maintenance programs. Prepare recommendations for improvement.
- Participate in and direct a wide variety of special projects and activities as assigned by the President and will coordinate staff activities and tasks necessary to complete the project assignments.
- Will serve on a variety of committees and task forces and research and develop recommendations related to assigned activities.
- Will represent the President at assigned community and outside organizational functions.
How to Apply
Job Post Contact